Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 50mm f3.5 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Minolta MD 50mm f3.5 macro Reply with quote

Light and easy to use.
OH

More here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-md-50mm-f3-5-macro-latest-md-lens-t66570.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid colors and lines. And nice lens indeed, my favorite macro choice for a while now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Splendid colors and lines. And nice lens indeed, my favorite macro choice for a while now.

Thank you. I have PP'd this one and enriched the colours, as well as adding the vignette in LR. The original is in the link.
Still and all, It is a very useful lens and capable of lovely results
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent lens and a very nice picture!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
An excellent lens and a very nice picture!

Many thanks.
Here are a few more from the same outing
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots! Could you please show some shots without post processing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pictures. Any shot at infinity? I suspect it's equally good.
Happy shots!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
Happy shots!

Using a 16 MP APS-C camera (NEX-5N) all versions of the Minolta MC/MD 3.5/50mm Macro did have considerably LESS corner resolution than the Minolta MC/MD 1.4/50mm and MD 1.2/50mm lenses:

http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/321-nex-5n-und-minolta-50mm-objektive-teil-i
http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/322-nex-5n-und-minolta-50mm-objektive-teil-ii

At infinity, even the MD-III 3.5/35-70mm and 3.5-4.5/35-105mm zoom lenses are better than the MC/MD 3.5/50mm Macro:
http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/323-nex-5n-und-minolta-md-zooms-bei-50mm-teil-iii

Stephan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's nothing wrong with that Tom. It looks like another one for my wanted list.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone

Firehand wrote:

Thank you for the kind words.
Yes, I know that I have enhanced these because I shoot in RAW and conversion is necessary.
If I shot in jpeg in camera, then the camera would do the conversion using its own algorithms.
It would not be possible to enhance them if the lens had not captured the original colours in the act of taking.
However, there is an image in the link which is very close to the original.
Here we go
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
Happy shots!

Thank you anktonio
Not yet - and it may not be as good at infinity - it would not be a surprise to me if it was best at close-ups.
I will see if I can get some images later to test it. Oops - I just noticed Stephan's links above.
Personally I am not disappointed that infinity results are not so good. I have other 50mm lenses that perform well in that respect and this lens is really designed for close work after all.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
... I have other 50mm lenses that perform well in that respect and this lens is really designed for close work after all.
Cheers
OH

This quote and your many posts and presentations have led me to be quite curious of your lens list .... !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
... I have other 50mm lenses that perform well in that respect and this lens is really designed for close work after all.
Cheers
OH

This quote and your many posts and presentations have led me to be quite curious of your lens list .... !

Smile
Yes it is an eclectic collection.
I have never made a list as I have found, inherited, been given and acquired various lenses.
I have tried nearly all of them of course, and many have gone on to other owners, so a list made last year would not be accurate now.
Nevertheless, there are some lenses that I just like too much to pass on at this stage.
One thing is certain, I have more lenses than is either sensible or even practical - and one day they will have to be honed down severely ..... but not yet Smile
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with the post work - lovely image. Has anyone compared the lens with the Topcor?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Thanks everyone

Firehand wrote:

Yes, I know that I have enhanced these because I shoot in RAW and conversion is necessary.
If I shot in jpeg in camera, then the camera would do the conversion using its own algorithms.
It would not be possible to enhance them if the lens had not captured the original colours in the act of taking.
Here we go
OH

Thank you Oldhand. Very good detail. I shoot in RAW too. My request was about the vignette because it was covering the edges Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firehand wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Thanks everyone

Firehand wrote:

Here we go
OH

Thank you Oldhand. Very good detail. I shoot in RAW too. My request was about the vignette because it was covering the edges Smile

Many thanks for the reminder.
Yes, i did add the vignette. I often do add vignettes for effect, and I sometimes forget to mention that.
Nearly everything that I post will have some PP because of RAW shooting, and sometimes the PP is a transformation - eg I use NIK silver effex to create mono.
Anyway, the lens is capable of good images and can often be found cheaply.
Happy snaps
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one for sale in the MFL marketplace by member Tervueren: http://forum.mflenses.com/50mm-minolta-macro-lens-t74846.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a pleasure to view your compositions! And your macro works are excellent.
Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vignette was a nice touch; I'll have to remember to try that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, stephan, for your reply and links... Great page! Very interesting comparison with different sensors between Leica, Zeiss and Minolta lens. A page to visit again.

And thanks, oldhand, as you say, a macro lens must be corrected for close shots. It was just my curiosity. Very correct your edit, not exaggerated.

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the MC version.

Nice lens to macro works.

The MC version produce something cold tonalities.

Good sharpness.

I have it in the original box. I was the first user. No more than 4 years use time.

I bought it from a seller who closed his shopp and the lens was into the inventary.

I don´t take macro pics.