Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 300mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 300mm f/4 Reply with quote

I got myself one of those 2kg heavy beasts to experience its quality. It's actually very well built and in sound mechanical condition. Focusing is very smooth.

Here are my first results, all wide open. The weather is bad (you can actually see the raindrops frozen in the air in the picture before the last one Smile

I know that it can be prone to purple fringing, but it's not that apparent in the photos I took. Maybe my experience will change when I use the lens in sunny conditions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice smooth tones!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them . Are these shot hand-held ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
I like them . Are these shot hand-held ?

Thanks! And yes, these are shot hand-held. One of the joys of using manual lenses on a Pentax camera with in-body shake reduction Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same one, quality is surprising, build like a tank

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hunting for one of those. I keep missing a good price on it, but I expect one of these days it will come through. As far as performance goes, your shots look like it gives a lot of value for the money.