Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Pentax K Reply with quote

These shots are inspired by Peters 15 years of pentax.
Here is that Pentax K.
It is in really pretty mint condition and fully functional.
The Lens is a semi-auto arrangement . That tab you see is a slider that "cocks" the aperture.
Even have the Zip on case rather than the never ready.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! First one what I seen! Beautiful!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I've died and gone window shopping in heaven! A Beauty!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a sad picture.
A lovely camera that looks as if it has hardly been used.
I'm proud of my 40 year old Pentax SL which is battered and worn, every bit of shiny brass tells a story of its past glories and the work it has done. Whenever I show it everybody is amazed that it still works perfectly and the viewfinder is as clear as a bell.
If the camara could talk it would tell amazing stories. In fact it doesn't have to talk, its scares tell the stories and they bring back many memories to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Laughing

Wink It looks well used to me, but well looked-after too. Much better pics than mine Andy. I love the zip case, never seen one before, and the zebra lens is new to me too. Couple of questions:

How does the camera know whether you've set the slow speed dial or the normal dial?

Should there be a cover over the exposure counter dial like the Spotty? I've got a spare if you need one. On 2nd thoughts it looks the way it should.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter
The shutter speeds work like this.
You set the top dial to 1/30 and now the front dial is active.
On the front dial you have slow speeds from 1/30 and then slower.
So if you want 1/30, both dial should be set to 1/30.
If you want 1/15 for example. The top dial is at 1/30 the front at 1/15.
If the top dial is set to anything faster than 1/30, then the top dial is in control.
It's really cool aye? My family is coming here for the thanksgiving holiday and I am going to shoot this guy. Thanks to your post the other day. I have the Pentax bug Very Happy
The frame counter is as it should be. Thanks for the offer on that cover.

Yeah this one looks mint but it has seen some use.
There were plenty of casual photographers back then. I think many people who had cameras like these had them as a luxury and took great care of them.
There are so many beautiful condition cameras around from so long ago. I think people just took immaculate care of these things.
It is a sign that the cameras were much loved not neglected.
Maybe that is just me always shining a positive light on things.
It is part of the appeal if you asked me. Keep them fresh for the next generation Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

Yeah this one looks mint but it has seen some use.
There were plenty of casual photographers back then. I think many people who had cameras like these had them as a luxury and took great care of them.
There are so many beautiful condition cameras around from so long ago. I think people just took immaculate care of these things.
It is a sign that the cameras were much loved not neglected.
Maybe that is just me always shining a positive light on things.
It is part of the appeal if you asked me. Keep them fresh for the next generation Wink

No, I think you're absolutely right. If I could have afforded one back when they were new I would have treasured it and taken immaculate care of it too. And isn't that what we are doing today? I love using these old cameras but there's no way I am taking them anywhere where they might get damaged - they're like Swiss watches.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my! I am very jealous, what a gorgeous camera. and wow on that filter with original box! very jealous indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Pentaxes are works of art and should be in Design museums (they probably are)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty Smile

Which I hade more Pentax SLRs.... and DLSRs ... and Yashicas... I want it all! It's this forum that did this to me! Laughing