Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hartblei - Carl Zeiss Superrotator 80mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Hartblei - Carl Zeiss Superrotator 80mm f2.8 Reply with quote

This is the Hartblei.de version.

Basically, it's a Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.8 for medium format hooked up to the Hartblei tilt/shift mechanism. Accordingly, IQ is much better than the older version based on the Volna-3 80mm f2.8.

Some snaps shots without any tilt/shift action:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to here from the Café; don't know why I put it there in the first place Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! superb lens, congrats!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hartblei - Carl Zeiss Superrotator 80mm f2.8 Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
...IQ is much better than the older version based on the Volna-3 80mm f2.8.

And this means someting! Because the Volna already shows a very good IQ!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Moved to here from the Café; don't know why I put it there in the first place Embarassed

It's an effect of the tilt mechanism. Smile

severe image envy here, that's some outta-sight lens.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... another thing in my wishlist Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
That is quite a lens. Did you trade in the family car for it?
Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody! Smile

LucisPictor wrote:
And this means someting! Because the Volna already shows a very good IQ!

You're right, and I really like the old version as a general 80mm lens, if a little prone to flare, although the Hartblei version has better coating, so flare resistance is better than the straigh-up Volna-3.

It's just that... well, what can I say, Zeiss glass just goes a step or two above that.

Nesster wrote:
severe image envy here, that's some outta-sight lens

Thanks for the envy Laughing Yeah, I don't know what it is, but I just get turned on by the looks of these things Laughing

Orio wrote:
another thing in my wishlist

It's definitely worth having; can't say if it's worth the tag price, because that's subjective, but it's a damn fine lens that can do some damn interesting stuff.

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
That is quite a lens. Did you trade in the family car for it?

You'd think, right? Laughing

It's kind of a funny story, but in terms of hard cash that was spent, it was only 1/5 the tag price. I got the TS-PC 45/3.5 for P6 mount (not super rotator), then I got to know the CEO, did some favors for him, and before I knew it, the lens was "upgraded" to this 80/2.8 Very Happy Call it the tilt shift lens Cinderella story Laughing[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DANG it costs almost as a 5D Mark II ! Shocked