Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Want a cheap mirror lens ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Want a cheap mirror lens ? Reply with quote

Methinks something wrong here :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samyang-Mirror-Nikon-Adaptor-Guarantee/dp/B006EFVAUY/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A67YW1OMK6ECH

No, I haven't ordered one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about what it's worth. I owned one briefly -- it was impossible to focus on anything because its resolution was so low. So I returned it. I think I got a bad copy, though, because I've seen images on the web taken with that mirror that were really outstanding. But there are a couple of things I don't like about it. First, its focus throw is only 1/4 turn. 90 degrees is just too shallow for a lens with that much focal length. And second, the entire rear standard, including the T-mount, is plastic. No thanks.

But then again, if Amazon is really selling it for that price, I'd buy several and then put them up on eBay for very cheap prices (so they'll sell fast). Even priced cheaply you could probably get 10 to 20 times the amount spent on the lenses. That's not a bad rate of return.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also have the 500mm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMYANG-Mirror-Adaptor-Canon-Guarantee/dp/B00685KHD6/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A67YW1OMK6ECH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be four mirror lenses I'll have then ! Laughing I've ordered a 500 - for less than a tenner I'll chance it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma 600/8 has almost 360 degree rotation, but focusing still is in very small, pin sharp area.

I guess this listing is for the adapter shown on 3rd picture. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
Sigma 600/8 has almost 360 degree rotation, but focusing still is in very small, pin sharp area.

I guess this listing is for the adapter shown on 3rd picture. Very Happy

The 500mm "Mirror Lens with Adaptor Ring" ? I guess take a chance or not.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order confirmation is clear enough - lens, adapter, it's new, 3 year warranty and it's £7-09 Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Dave, just ordered a 500 and thought sod it why not, lets have an 800 too bugger the expense Very Happy

I bet thay are both complete crap Laughing

Steve.

Just noticed they have no feedback rating Shocked this could be fun!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be a ballsup or a scam this from a quick search..

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-samyang-800mm-f8-dx-mc-if-mirror-t-mount-lens/p1542592?cm_mmc=googlebase-extension-_-camera-lenses-_-t-mount-_-samyang-800mm-f8-dx-mc-if-mirror-t-mount-lens_1542592&utm_source=googlebase-extension&mkwid=s7x1cbwqz_dc&pcrid=72342106689&kword=&match=&plid=&gclid=cjwkeajw3pgtbrcwgajpu_uy9hysjaaicralhtunt0a5i7lvyesc8hwturx8xia3pjq0hp4eua06yrocazjw_wcb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, registered on amazon.co.uk, ordered 800mm one, let's see.

I once hit almost similar situation - my printer cartridges (genuine ones), cost about $40 each (needs 4 of them). Once I saw their price on amazon.com went down to $14. Ordered 10 of them. They arrived in good health, but price shortly was raised again. The difference from current situation was that these cartridges were sold by amazon.com themselves, so maybe there was some glitch in data system.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be some mistake there. These lenses sell for a lot more:
http://www.amazon.com/Samyang-500mm-Mirror-White-Mount/dp/B006MKF8KO (this one is from Amazon too)

http://www.samyang-lens.co.uk/samyang-500mm-f63-mc-if-mirror-lens.html

Sound like looking for trouble. Not an expensive one, but if it does is it worth the fuss?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it does go pear shaped, I think Amazon will refund.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This a french store and they only deliver to the UK!! They also sell Pim's cookies, Palmolive Cream soap and hygienic paper of Lotus!! Lol. This must be a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my chrome , proper reply window did come, what browser op system do you have , what is initial topic ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap. I just sold mine for 100 euros.

It's not bad, although i read that these lenses aren't all good, it seems to me that Samyang has no final quality control??

I posted a thread with some samples recently: http://forum.mflenses.com/samyang-800mm-f-8-manual-focus-mirror-lens-t71255,highlight,%2Bsamyang+%2B800mm.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious to see if one comes in the mail!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if amazon will actually refund us if it is a scam, are they obliged to??.

I got a confirmation of order/payment yesterday and wierdly they only charged one lot of postage for ten Embarassed lenses. Serves me right if it goes pear shaped but a nice earner if it happens Very Happy

Steve.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just clicked the top links again and both lenses are showing out of stock now.

Not suprising really

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well........it was worth a try. Laughing

I will have to check that payment hasn't been taken - if it has it should be refunded. I will check with Amazon to see if the advert was placed by scammers trying to get bank card details. They should only be available to Amazon, but it's worth checking.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My credit card was actually billed! and no refund issued. And my order also cancelled.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was charged too, order cancelled and no refund.

Amazon is going to be getting some complaints over this methinks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

I will have to check that payment hasn't been taken - if it has it should be refunded. I will check with Amazon to see if the advert was placed by scammers trying to get bank card details. They should only be available to Amazon, but it's worth checking.

A careful examination of the URL that they give you will reveal any of this sort of deception. Looking at the title associated with the URL isn't good enough -- the actual URL must be examined. I don't believe it is possible to somehow hijack a customer when they are logging into a specific merchant's website. The scammers may, however, install malware on the merchants site, without the merchant's knowledge, which will entice or intimidate the customer to being redirected. It is highly doubtful, I'm thinking, that this sort of intrusion would be possible on a site such as amazon's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give Amazon until Friday to refund my 14.09ukp, if not then I shall be complaining vociferously.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this reply from amazon when querying who should be refunding me..

Thank you for writing to Amazon.co.uk. Please be aware that this is an automated response to the e-mail message you sent, but we do want you to find answers to any questions you may have.

If your question is regarding the status of your Marketplace, Auctions or zShops transactions it can be addressed efficiently by contacting your transaction partner, as Amazon.co.uk is not directly handling your transaction.

You can locate the email address via Your Account at the following
http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account/

If you have a general question about any of our services, or you need to contact Customer Service, you may be interested in checking our Help Desk located at the following URL:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/help

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does that mean we have to email the seller and ask for a refund?

I think I see how this scam works now.