Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta to EOS adapter recommendation please.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Exakta to EOS adapter recommendation please. Reply with quote

I have recently aquired a couple older Exakta mount Tessars as well as an Exakta mount 90mm Sun Optic Sola and a e.Ludwig Meritar 2.9/50, and now I am in search of a good adapter I have a canon 70D that I would prefer to use them on, so does anyone have any good recommendations for which adapter to buy? Preferably budget priced, or amazon better than eBay.Perhaps someone can vouch for their set-up that is similar to mine? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your lenses have the "auto knob" on the side? If so I don't think there's an adapter that will give infinity focus.

I used an adapter from Ebay seller big-is and it worked OK, can't remember if it got infinity focus or just very close to infinity.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the one Click here to see on Ebay fuzzywuzzy mentioned with EMF chip.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Thank you. There is no "auto knob" on these lenses they are just regular exakta mount, so I assume I will get infinity focus. Thanks for the link and your help I will go with that one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Also, quick question, what is EMF chip and why would I want it in my adapter? Sorry, newb when it comes to exakta lenses and adapters Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Also, quick question, what is EMF chip and why would I want it in my adapter? Sorry, newb when it comes to exakta lenses and adapters Smile

It is an AF-confirmation chip. You can find more details on AF chip on this link http://blog.xhd.nl/?p=374 .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thank you. I've always refrained from using confirmation chips on my other adapters because my anxiety makes me think it would somehow short circuit the camera. However, It would be nice to have at least 1 confirmation chip adapter for each mount for somewhat more important shooting sessions where you don't get second chances. I appreciate your help!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some discussion in the past and you may take a look at it.
http://forum.mflenses.com/m42-eos-adapter-damage-to-camera-possible-t12286.html

I think the chip will rarely cause damage to the camera. However, the glue used fixing the chip may degrade over time and start to break after years of use. You may need to re-glue the chip when the glue was degraded.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Smile