Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wide Angle Len Suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Wide Angle Len Suggestion Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, Im a new member here at mflenses and i am loving manual focus on my Sony Nex 7 camera and i am looking for a suggestion here for a wide angle lens manual focus and very sharp. im looking for prime lens only and right now im looking at Samyang 12mm 2.0 but i decided to post here if there is other better options. Thanks

-Matt

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Wide Angle Len Suggestion Reply with quote

matta wrote:
Hi Everyone, Im a new member here at mflenses and i am loving manual focus on my Sony Nex 7 camera and i am looking for a suggestion here for a wide angle lens manual focus and very sharp. im looking for prime lens only and right now im looking at Samyang 12mm 2.0 but i decided to post here if there is other better options. Thanks

-Matt

Matt, it's always very difficult to recommend something for somebody totally unknown. However, if you are looking for a 12mm MF lens on a crop sensor camera (APSC/DX) like the NEX-7, then there are not many options available.

My first choice would be the Voigtlaender Ultra-Wide 12mm/F5.6 as this is a very small, sharp and well corrected lens and fit's more to a rather small camera like the NEX.

You can find some more informations about it here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlaender-ultra-wide-heliar-12mm-f5-6-m39-ltm-t71182.html

I am not able to tell you something about the Samyang lens but there is obviously a lot of information available on the internet if you google for it.