Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first projection lens on NEX 5N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: My first projection lens on NEX 5N Reply with quote

Got my first projection lens purchased last year. This is a single-coated 16mm projection lens with FL between 70 to 80mm and aperture between F1.5 to F1.7(inclusive). The lens is not in very good condition(lots of surface scratches and a bit of fungus on the edge of the elements). I adapted it to a M42 flange and put into a helicoid. The set-up will only allow focus down to few meters. I decide to try it before I buy another shorter helicoid.

All photos below are taken wide open(I wish there is an aperture there). All my photos posted in this section are processed with the same way with minimal amount of processing. I add small amount of contrast to compensate the contrast lose due to scratches.

What is your opinion without knowing the name of this lens? For best experience, click the photo for full size.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression is you've got yourself a great bit of kit there Calvin. And you've done it justice as well.
Nice!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect focus on the first two, the fourth pic reminds me of a japanese painting. Very nice.
Two on the way for me, should be here soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@bernhardas
Good to know you like the result. I have made a hood for it but I think a longer one will be better.

@cyrano
Thanks. The lens is not heavy and it is balanced on my 5N.

@imagedit
It is good to hear you like #4. If you like the style, you might visit this thread for more details http://forum.mflenses.com/shooting-style-by-geographic-region-t64657.html .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few shots are really impressive. Definitely good combo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Calvin, nice results, common F for FL between 70-80 is F1,6 Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many nice pictures ( as usual ! ).
I like very much the sparrow.
This white bird is incredible and does not seem to be scared.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all!

@IAZA
I think so. Most fast 70-80mm projection lens are ~F1,6.

@memetph
The white bird(Bali Mynah) in the Aviary are very friendly and they will not be scared. That is why you see them appear on my photos frequently.