Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 1.4/50 AI takes a rainforest walk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 1.4/50 AI takes a rainforest walk Reply with quote

Within easy driving distance of our home are so many different landscapes. There is littoral rainforest near the beaches and there are stands of sub-tropical and temperate rainforest in the hinterland.
Yesterday we travelled to Comboyne plateau to walk in the latter forests.
Light in rainforest is very low and with the occasional cloud cover became dull to dark.
A tripod was essential. Exposures of several seconds were needed for some pictures.
The first two images are taken along the road to Comboyne.
The next few images are not from inside the forest but from outside the cafe in the village where we had coffee. Very Happy
You'll know which ones
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your nature photography skills are excellent as usual Thomas. I like #s 1 and 3 best. You are making me jealous, though. It was 108 F in the desert today. I guess the tradeoff is the used lenses I buy here almost never have fungus because it's so dry Smile.

I don't have any Nikkors, though they seem to perform wonderfully.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lens and wonderful photos !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas.
The fungus in number 6 were the size of dinner plates.
A rainforest walk involves lots of green images with almost no other colour.
I took many more pictures but there is only so much green the eye can enjoy Very Happy
108 degrees is warm enough Shocked
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

The fungus in number 6 were the size of dinner plates.

OH

Now that would be useful fungus. I could grow it in the corner and display my best lenses on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows the Nikkor 1.4/50, but since it is customary to post a picture of the lens - well here it is.
It is one of three Nikkors that I found at a school fete jumble sale for a very cheap price:
http://forum.mflenses.com/what-are-the-biggest-bargains-you-have-found-t27202,start,1770.html
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss that area. Smile

And yes. green and trees are good.