Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

yashica 70-210 f4.5 in Playa del Carmen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: yashica 70-210 f4.5 in Playa del Carmen Reply with quote

I took this lens mint for $24 with case. It got a chance in Playa and I think did pretty good. This shot was handheld and the boat was moving f8 @ 1/100th with Canon 40d. I think the colors are very good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the 40D? Wow. So how does it feel? I read enthusiastic reports so far.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good. It is a nice sized camera. I tried the XTI in the shop and thought it a bit smallish for me. Otherwise I might have chosen it and held out for the next gen. 5D. It has taken me some time to get used to the controls. I am used to Contax bodies where every function has a knob or button. The Canon way is very menu intensive for me, but I get used to it. I did not buy the kit rather the body only at first. Then I did get one af lens for using flash and snapshots. The Sigma 30 f1.4. I heard a lot of good things about it so said ok do it. It has to be the most solid built AF lens I have ever held Sheepishly I am impressed. Mostly I use my Yashica and Contax lenses and some m42's have.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colours, Andy!.
This lens seems a nice complement to the 40D...
I use to use the 70-210 from Tamron with the 350D. It a nice focal for all purpose.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jes
I read a very strong review for this lens. It was compared closely to it's Contax/Zeiss brand mate. Now I don't know if it is that good but, for the price and what I see so far I am done with this focal zoom. I don't use zoom much anyway. I have another fun shot from this lens I need to resize first then I will post it. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot sunshine, this Yashica look good
I was thinking to take the sigma 30 1.4 before the gas with manual lens
Have you try the liveview on the 40D.
If you put a manual contax at F5.6 or F8, do you see anything or is the lcd getting dark.
I am thinking for the 40D just for the liveview option

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you put a manual contax at F5.6 or F8, do you see anything or is the lcd getting dark.
I am thinking for the 40D just for the liveview option
Well actually the live view adjusts for light condition. So the display has the same brightness at f1.2 as it does at f16 provided the scene is lit well enough. I did not try it in a dimly lit scene yet. The live view I think will be great for macro and tripod work. For hand held it is very shaky looking. When you switch to live view you can magnify the screen to 10x so micro-focus is really easy to see. This feature is a big one for me and probably many others who use manual focus. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One definitive improvement (amongst many) over the Rebel line of cameras is the possibility of replacing the focusing screen easily. I have the Ee-s mounted on the 5D and it makes a world of difference with manual focusing. Should I buy the 40D I would mount it there too as first thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: buy yashica 70 210 auto zoom lens Reply with quote

Hi i'm searching information. I saw the lovely photo on the top of this page. I've the possibility to buy this lens and i ask you if there is the manual focus option just because i saw the autofocus contacts of yashica and no one said that there is a manual focus mode or it works in manual focus. I want to use it on my nex 5 adapted with a ring. thank you.. the adapter ring obviously does not trasmit any autofocus electric signals.. i work only in manual mode..