Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Six - Garden in next door
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Six - Garden in next door Reply with quote

Hi all,

Other forum where I am also active member, they have started a 6x6 mania and I think I become be maniac with 6x6 film, too. I used Pentacon Six with fault timer Sad, CZ 80/2.8 lens.

Film:Ilford Fp4+, dev:FOMADON LQN
Lightmeter: Canon 20D Smile

1#

2#

3#

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something seriously wrong .. none of them sharp , background busy like hell.
P6 and CZJ 80mm a winner combination I not see much here from that.
Sorry if you thing this is too strong criticism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree. The exposure and development look reasonably good, but there's something amiss with the lens I think.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the composition in the first image, with that little sign stickup amid all the vegetation. But I do agree that something must be wrong in the focus, or iin the lens itself.

Looks like these were incredibly contrasted subjects, so I can see that there would be a huge difficulty in nailing down these shots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for kind comments! Smile
I have used this CZ 80/2.8 on my Canon but with film I bet it is more impressing.
About the sharpness you may be wrong, Attila, or maybe it is only a taste's question. I have seen again original pictures (5458x5364) and I think they are OK. Shotting with the film I think the details are more important.
This Pentacon Six camera was only able to measure time in 1/500s or 1/1000s setup, so I was forced to use f2.8 at all of these shots.

Sorry if you feel I talked a lot Smile
iha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Iha,
you have posted on this group, some marvelous series from your travels, and also from Budapest, containing images that were not only beautifully but sometimes also genially composed. I think for instance of the photos you took in Montmartre which are amongst the best I saw taken in that place from a long time. I have one in mind, with a painting and a shop window, that really impressed me.

So if I also join the others and say that the composition in these images is really unhappy, you know what I mean, they are nothing like the brilliant work you have submitted to us in the past. These just look confused and unmeaningful. I don't think it's fault of the camera it's just probably that you had a bad photographic day - it happens to everyone.

-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio,
There are always kind comments from you, many thanks. It is not about I was disappointed Smile Photo passion to relax and not to win anything (puff what a big theory! Smile j/k)
It is also true that I just want to be clear with your interesting comments and with my early experience in 6x6 film. I will try again with color film (just got cheap ones at flea market).

One more picture? Smile
4#

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice nailed focus demonstration iha!
find a decent body with lower speed settings and show us your magic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this last photo has a readable composition Smile