Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First roll test in the Dynax 7700i I got from Xpres
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: First roll test in the Dynax 7700i I got from Xpres Reply with quote

Thanks to Tudor who allowed me to increase my Minolta collection.
That Dynax is in a remarkable shape, looks almost like new. The external flash works like a charm, much better than the ones at the digital SLRs.

I used a cheap film (unbranded) to test the cam, (just to check everything is fine). Now I regret not to have used a better one Sad

Some samples, cheap lab developped and scanned. The place is Sant Michael of Fay, in the Barcelona area:

Thanks, Tudor!. I'm enjoying a lot this fine cam Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots. I love Barcelona and Catalonia and these pictures show the stunning scenery. Which lens were you using?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series Jes, the weaker colour saturation of the cheap film actually worked well here, giving the pictures a very nice atmosphere.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clearly in good hands now Jes. Great series!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Beautiful shots. I love Barcelona and Catalonia and these pictures show the stunning scenery. Which lens were you using?

Thanks for commenting, Skida. Barcelona is a nice city Smile
The lens is the 35-105 AF lens that came with the camera, that is not bad at all. I got a Tamron Adaptall adapter for it, so I'll have to try it with Adaptall MF lenses.

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excellent series Jes, the weaker colour saturation of the cheap film actually worked well here, giving the pictures a very nice atmosphere.

Thanks, Ian. I like very much hard films like the one that was marketed by the Schelecker retail chain, (unfortunately they don't carry it anymore). This one was just a test roll, so I put the first one I found at hand. Next will be Kodak Gold 200, from which I keep a small stock yet. It should provide better colours.

Xpres wrote:
It's clearly in good hands now Jes. Great series!

Thanks, Tudor. The cam works like a charm, I thought of it as a collectible item, but I'm afraid it will be on the field quite often Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old film or not these look very nice..they have a certain "feel" to them.The scenary is beautiful by the way,you are so lucky. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Old film or not these look very nice..they have a certain "feel" to them.The scenary is beautiful by the way,you are so lucky. Cool

Thanks, Mo Smile

(BTW, my K-01 hasn't arrived yet. It will be delivered as soon as the current owner receives his new K-3. Sad )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad It's tough waiting on a new "toy",I hope it comes soon...I am waiting on another pancolar 2/50, it has taken more than a week since I bought it.
I look forward to hearing your opinion of the K-01.It has a new firmware update 1.4 to help with AF and the movie mode.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series, easy to say one of your best, congrats!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

+1 Surprised

Nothing wrong with the cheapo film!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, almost looks like Wild West! Congrats on the series and on the camera!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Sad It's tough waiting on a new "toy",I hope it comes soon...I am waiting on another pancolar 2/50, it has taken more than a week since I bought it.
I look forward to hearing your opinion of the K-01.It has a new firmware update 1.4 to help with AF and the movie mode.

Thanks for the info, Mo. I'll check wich version comes with as soon as it arrives.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Beautiful series, easy to say one of your best, congrats!!

Thanks, Attila!.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

+1 Surprised

Nothing wrong with the cheapo film!

Nothing at all Wink Sometimes even better than branded one

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Wow, almost looks like Wild West! Congrats on the series and on the camera!

Thanks, Orio. It's a nice place in between mountains quite close to the Barcelona area (some 60Km far). There are some small waterfalls and some nice caves with lots of stalagtites, fun to visit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap film or not....Minolta lenses make great colors! These are great shots !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately whether film is cheap or not, the lab makes the biggest difference to the finished negative. Overworked chemicals or bad scans will ruin any film.

Lovely photos. The contrast can be bumped up a bit easily enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Cheap film or not....Minolta lenses make great colors! These are great shots !

You are rigth, Minolta lenses are keepers. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Ultimately whether film is cheap or not, the lab makes the biggest difference to the finished negative. Overworked chemicals or bad scans will ruin any film.

Lovely photos. The contrast can be bumped up a bit easily enough.

Thanks for commenting. I've to scan them again, this lab scanning is okay for testing purposes, but not really fine. Develping uses to be right, there are a few labs remaining here and they have work enough to keep the minilabs quite busy, so chems use to be okay (by now).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old 35-105 I presume? (pipe / ////////////// rubber as opposed to N: yoghurt can plastic / // // // rubber)

What's the 7700i - I never. 7000i? Or some silly US market label for the 8000i or something?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look really nice. Beautiful area. The camera, lense and film worked great together.