Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 77M-4 at the office Christmas meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Helios 77M-4 at the office Christmas meeting Reply with quote

I managed a fed shots before the people arrived and destoryed the peaceful scene Wink All taken at f/2.8.

This is the first time I tried some quazi food photography, so C&C welcome Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you could use a white balance adjustment and in some case (the chocolate cake - I guess - shot) a more closed diaphragm would be better to ger more dof, anyway the result is still good, especially in the first shot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lena, nice series, I really like the first shot of the spring rolls and the top of the gravy bowl (??).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice example of food reportage genre!
I especially like composition in #2 and #5
I agree with Rick about white balance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It's true I did struggle with the WB in the fluorescent light. Still can't get that one quite right.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:
Thanks. It's true I did struggle with the WB in the fluorescent light. Still can't get that one quite right.

Little help in this situation with settings WB is : GRAY card for manually set WB. Working fine

and your pictures with food are nice Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pictures from a nice lens Very Happy

WB doesn't bother me much. (I sometimes use wrong WB just to achieve a special mood) Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to keep WB more less as-is, if you shoot under this condition.
Correct it too much will lose the feeling/mood of the photographer.
But i am hungry by looking at these photos....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Lena! Don't stuggle too much with WB, that can be adjusted easily later...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:

you can go subtle with curves and pick a white point (normally a light reflection on a surface, in this case the one in the small red circle)
The point is in this case trying to spot the dominant lighting type in the scene and act on it. For what I can argue in this scene there were many and probably different light sources

Or you can just color balance manually