Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR-26V 3.5/45 on Kiev-88 camera Agfa Optima 100 film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: MIR-26V 3.5/45 on Kiev-88 camera Agfa Optima 100 film Reply with quote

Some 6x6ers from my first roll, some are affected by the unfortunate light leak but perhaps still useful as samples:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens looks capable and very nice to see some summer scenes while I freeze here in an English winter. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
The lens looks capable

Yes, it's a good lens for medium format. Equals to 28mm AOV in small format FF. Sharp + very decent bokeh.

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
and very nice to see some summer scenes while I freeze here in an English winter. Smile

We had some cold too beginning of October, but now it's really like late summer temperatures (20+ C°)
Good financially, as I don't have to turn on heating. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the heating on today at 6pm, it's really cold here, not sure of the temperature, once I got warm, I stayed inside. Smile

I always ignored this lens because the first P6 lens I obtained was a Flek 50, but this looks like a viable alternative, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I always ignored this lens because the first P6 lens I obtained was a Flek 50, but this looks like a viable alternative, thanks for sharing.

Well, Flek is much better under all respects and especially with architecture... but average price is more than double, and those few extra degrees of field angle
(27mm vs. 30mm of the Flek, in small format terms) can have a reason to be in some occasions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was lucky to get my Flek cheap because of wear on the barrel but the glass is good and it shoots very well. Same with my Biometar 80, I got that very cheap for the same reason. I must use my P6 more often.