Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon D700 ISO 2004, 400 and 800 noise comparison
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Nikon D700 ISO 2004, 400 and 800 noise comparison Reply with quote

I recently posted some high ISO comparison shots, and Poilu wondered about lower ISO's.

This is a quick grab this morning (yes it's a shot with no artistic merit)- manually focused and hand held, no sharpening or other post production.

ISO 200 - F8

100% crop at 200:

100% crop at 400:

100% crop at 800:

Okay not great shots, and light levels varied a little between them, but I think they show how detail and noise levels are effectively nearly identical across the low-mid ISO range.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot Richard! top quality!
you must be quite excited with your new high tech tools!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice shot Richard! top quality!
you must be quite excited with your new high tech tools!

The trouble is it's removed a few excuses for not getting a decent shot Laughing Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard this is exciting stuff!
I'm really impressed by both this post and the previous.
This camera is a magic wand for your old nikkors.
Please bring us some shots.

Congrats again on the new D700 Very Happy

Time for some ZF Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive ISO performance, with digi cameras of today an 800 ISO is better than what used to be a 100 ISO with film. Shocked