Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 24mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 24mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I have this lens over a year now. This is the first time I took it out with me to shoot.
Focussing on infinity is not easy with my adapter and this lens because of it's wideness.
Alle jpgs are straight out of the camera (Fuji X-E1), No pp.
(@Moderator Klaus : If I do something wrong, please tell me (polite) Wink . I didn't include any Flickr image. I think that was your problem)

Last edited by asterinex on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great lens, you camera have pretty good PP , on m4/3 G1 or Olympus E-1 lens did perform less to me but with PP lens produce excellent pics. How could you wait one year to shoot with it ? Well known lens from quality.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine colors and contrast, fine sharpness and bokeh. I must try this one!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No PP" Shocked Those are great pictures, lovely colours and sharp. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jpg ouptut of Fuji XE-1 is amazing. The film simulation mode is called Pro Neg High.
All my legacy lenses had a lot less contrast on the Oly E-P1. Maybe on newer m43 models the contrast is better.
This lens is definitely a keeper.
It is a shame you can't see full resolution pictures. These cropped samples do not show it's real sharpness.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you upload genuine size forum software will resize it, display resized images and link genuine one without any touch.
So we able to see it just upload genuine jpg Smile if anybody click on it genuine non touched, non resized image will come.
Newest m4/3 camera like OM-D I think way better than before, they doing good work in pp.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice set.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice set that shows off the special character of this lens. when i shot slr lenses this was one of my favorites. for the price it cannot be beaten.
tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what lens mount is this lens in? Question

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mount is C/Y or Contax/Yashica.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great lens, it rivals with Contax Distagon 2.8/25.
Possibly the only non-Zeiss Contax lens that is up to stay in the catalogue with the same dignity.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
This is a great lens, it rivals with Contax Distagon 2.8/25.
Possibly the only non-Zeiss Contax lens that is up to stay in the catalogue with the same dignity.

I definitely want to add the Yashica ML 25-50 zoom to this list.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results. Kinda jealous as I've tried to get one of these a few times but finding a good price is hard. Thought I had one a while back but it never came off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryreid wrote:
Nice results. Kinda jealous as I've tried to get one of these a few times but finding a good price is hard. Thought I had one a while back but it never came off.

I'll hope you find one soon. I have the impression in (western)Europe it is easier to find these old lenses and for a better price. This lens was on Dutch second hand site for weeks . I was the only bidder and payed 120 euros for this lens. My copy is optically splendid and mechanically splendid. The black finish on the outside on the otherhand is really damaged. It looks like it was used a lot. But hey:)...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:

I'll hope you find one soon. I have the impression in (western)Europe it is easier to find these old lenses and for a better price. This lens was on Dutch second hand site for weeks . I was the only bidder and payed 120 euros for this lens. My copy is optically splendid and mechanically splendid. The black finish on the outside on the otherhand is really damaged. It looks like it was used a lot. But hey:)...

This lens is in my frequent search list, and your picures show well why: at 120 euros it's quite a steal, congrats.
And amazing jpg output from the fuji.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good lens!!

Rendering seems to be simil to the elmarit R and rokkor MC old fashioned one.

Perhaps near the elmarit M.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:
Very good lens!!

Rendering seems to be simil to the elmarit R and rokkor MC old fashioned one.

Perhaps near the elmarit M.
the Leica Elmarit 24mm f2.8? What an honour Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always believed that is not good idea to mount wide angle lenses made ​​for 24x36 in smaller formats like APS, let alone m4/3. The lenses lose their main attraction, although it is possible to have fun and get good results like yours.

The current FF DSLR is too heavy and bulky, perhaps FF E-mount solves this problem and again be 24mm a 24 mm... I wait.

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
I've always believed that is not good idea to mount wide angle lenses made ​​for 24x36 in smaller formats like APS, let alone m4/3. The lenses lose their main attraction, although it is possible to have fun and get good results like yours.

The current FF DSLR is too heavy and bulky, perhaps FF E-mount solves this problem and again be 24mm a 24 mm... I wait.

Happy shots!

On the contrary an ASP-C and M43 the adapter is much bigger than on a FF.

Regarding the focal length,...... well a 24mm on the Fuji becomes a 36mm in 35mm format. Just perfect Very Happy