Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei HFT 50mm f1.8 repair.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Rollei HFT 50mm f1.8 repair. Reply with quote

Hi
I bought the above lens with a Rolleflex SL35ME for £25.
It was sold as untested because the camera is missing its battery cover but I thought that the price was good for the lens alone and I intend using it on mirrorless cameras. The glass and blades are really clean.
I have ordered a HK QBM adapter and am waiting for it to arrive.
I noticed that the aperture ring was a bit loose but wasn't that concerned. However I didn't realise when buying it that the lens was missing its rubber grips for the focusing and aperture rings (it looked fine without them). So I dug out a cheap tele converter (which I have many of) and made two replacements and they look great.
Problem is that when I was fitting them I somehow managed to unscrew the lens barrel and for the life of me I cannot get it back in.
I have read this post but still can't manage it.
http://forum.mflenses.com/rollei-hft-planar-50mm-f1-8-singapore-made-t33090,highlight,+rollei++50mm,start,15.html
The focusing ring was also able to be screwed completely off without stopping at the closest focusing point. I then took the back of the lens mount apart and noticed that the three inside screws were very loose which is why the aperture ring was loose and I'm guessing which is why maybe I was able to inadvertently unscrew the lens barrel. I've reassembled the focusing and aperture half of the lens and everything is as it should be (except that I lost the stop down pin spring but as I'm using it with an adapter I'll permanently stop it down.)
I've managed to screw in the lens barrel a couple of times a little bit but lining up the linkages is difficult. I managed it once but when trying to screw it in further the fork for the stop down pin guide gets in the way, so it wont screw in completely.
I've opened up and CLA'd many simple lenses but didn't intend to open this one up. I'll say that before anybody suggest I shouldn't have.
Anyway I actually know the workings of this lens well now after spending the afternoon on it but really need to know the correct steps to reassemble the two halves.
Sorry for my ramblings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it look like this helios?

http://forum.mflenses.com/help-me-get-my-helios-44m-back-together-t53008.html

Can you post some photos of the parts?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens has all these parts but is a very different beast altogether in how it's put together.
FINALLY I have it back together! Finished about half an hour ago.
The website "Bigeye" referred to in the linked post helped a bit with their photos.
I just had to play and play until finally I got there through numerous attempts.
There is a disc/plate around the mount which when unscrewed exposes three screws. One of these screws is longer than the rest and is the stop screw for the for the min/max range of the focus ring.
As I stated before these three screws were loose and it's because of this that whilst fitting the rubber grips I had inadvertently been able to turn the focus ring too far so that the lens barrel dropped out.
To get the lens barrel back in though I had to open the back so that I could line up the linkages.
For me that was a step up in difficulty from the lenses I've played with so far.
My QBM adapter from HK arrived today so I was able to check focusing and min distance looks about right but will have to check infinity tomorrow in the daylight. At least it's not difficult to adjust infinity on this lens.
It looks great on the camera with it's new grips.
Thank god that's over.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have here whole tutorial for this tipe of lenses http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-planar-or-voigtlander-color-ultron-50-1-8-repair-t49749.html