Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2nd Sunday
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: 2nd Sunday Reply with quote

A main street in Charleston gets closed off on the second Sunday of every month. Restaurants set up tables outside, people walk the streets, and musicians play and sing for tips. I used a Komura 105/2.5 and NEX-5N for all but the first two which were Topcor 58/1.8...

Missed focus on this one

Last edited by woodrim on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done,it looks like a great place to be.I have to say I like the intentional or un-intentional reflection in the guys glasses....and #10.I still think the missed focus one works with the young boy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share opinion with Mo, I also like the bearded guy photo better because of the eyeglasses reflection!
Nice series overall.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I hadn't paid any attention to the reflection in his glasses. He seemed to be pleased when he saw me taking his picture. The little girl with violin was my personal favorite. She was raking in the money. The older gray haired guy was one strange dude. The young black boy is one of many locals trying to make a few bucks selling his creations; roses made from local palm leaves. I was disappointed to see that lanyard around his neck was to hold a license from the city. In my day a kid could have a lemonade stand, cut grass, shovel snow, or sell anything someone might buy without regulation and extortion from the local government. The fellow in the last picture was actually very good. He was singing songs from my day - someone I would hire if I had a need for an entertainer. Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, beautiful light handle!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb series. The violin girl is my favorite as well. There is something timeless about her, can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You certainly captured the mix of people on the street that day.That last one you can see the fun he's having.We have the same issues here with local council going overboard.