Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cine lens Schneider Tele-Xenar 100/2.8 om GH1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Cine lens Schneider Tele-Xenar 100/2.8 om GH1 Reply with quote

Very heavy and beautifully crafted chrome c-mount lens, made in Germany. The images are even better! Just love it! Razz Razz Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes very beautiful lens and great shots! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, once made for a high speed video system also military use, hence why made so massive. Comes for sale ever so often. Very sharp lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with a Schneider lens Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems it would cover even bigger sensor. No edge distorsions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Yes very beautiful lens and great shots! Very Happy

Thank you! Smile Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Great lens, once made for a high speed video system also military use, hence why made so massive. Comes for sale ever so often. Very sharp lens.

Couldn't find much information about this lens on the web. Thanks for the info. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
You can't go wrong with a Schneider lens Smile

Absolutely! Couldn't agree with you more! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
It seems it would cover even bigger sensor. No edge distorsions.

Yes, I think the same too! When I used it on my NEX5, dark corners appeared. Not necessarily because of the image circle formed by the lens elements, but probably due to the fact that the rear element is recessed into the narrow focusing tube. The focusing tube and the small M25 rear opening effectively restricted the size of the image circle. One way to do away with the restriction is to remove the narrow focusing tube altogether and then insert the remaining lens group into a cheapo Chinese made M42 focusing helicoid. However, it would destroy the original beautiful look of the lens. So, I decided leave it as it is and use it on M4/3 only! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad