Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

logs and brush with the Fujinon 100/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: logs and brush with the Fujinon 100/3.5 Reply with quote

Orio's comments on Ian's waterfall got me to thinking... I shot these at f/11 or f/16, on a tripod, HP5+ at box speed, the weak point is the 4490 scan. GM670, overall not the best camera for this sort of shooting (the vf is quite a way off from the lens)

Semi-stand with Perceptol 1:3.

l(e/o)gs by Nesster, on Flickr

Delta 100 in Perceptol+HC110 1:3

nothing but bokeh by Nesster, on Flickr

blueberry by Nesster, on Flickr

Designs of our lives by Nesster, on Flickr

This last one is instructive of something... Without a meter I'd have exposed for the highlights and let everything hang from there. But since I had a meter in my pocket, like most men when pulling it out of their pants, I let it do the thinking for me Laughing and shot a middling exposure, just about blowing the highlights.

With the Delta 100 the exposures were in the 1/30 and slower range when in forest shadow.

I'm not thrilled with the detail in the first log, I'll try another day with a different camera and in different lighting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like first one much Jussi, old wood always amaze me on b&w photos.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila, here's another that turned out better (I think). Delta 100

let y = by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results, beautiful detail and contrast!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: logs and brush with the Fujinon 100/3.5 Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Orio's comments on Ian's waterfall got me to thinking... I shot these at f/11 or f/16, on a tripod, HP5+ at box speed, the weak point is the 4490 scan. GM670, overall not the best camera for this sort of shooting (the vf is quite a way off from the lens)

Designs of our lives by Nesster, on Flickr

This last one is instructive of something... Without a meter I'd have exposed for the highlights and let everything hang from there. But since I had a meter in my pocket, like most men when pulling it out of their pants, I let it do the thinking for me Laughing and shot a middling exposure, just about blowing the highlights.

With the Delta 100 the exposures were in the 1/30 and slower range when in forest shadow.

I'm not thrilled with the detail in the first log, I'll try another day with a different camera and in different lighting.

You created some very nice effects in this shot, very well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Thank you Attila, here's another that turned out better (I think). Delta 100

let y = by Nesster, on Flickr

I agree... this one is the best of the series.