Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Distagon 35mm f1.4 Carl Zeiss portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Distagon 35mm f1.4 Carl Zeiss portrait Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portrait, Krisztina has an excellent taste for matching colours and texture in the clothing,
which does not surprise me because she shows the same taste in the design work she makes.
I prefer the colour version because the different shadings of gray/blue add a lot to the image.
I feel that perhaps the framing is a liiittle leaning to the right.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I perhaps like B&W more, I will play frame thank you! Chris surely prefer color version , hard to decide.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Chris surely prefer color version , hard to decide.

Colours are very fashionable and Kris looks like a real model, if you play a bit with colours/contrast to make it
a bit "grungy"/dark as it's currently the vogue in fashion magazines, it may look like a Vanity Fair photo Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:
Chris surely prefer color version , hard to decide.

Colours are very fashionable and Kris looks like a real model, if you play a bit with colours/contrast to make it
a bit "grungy"/dark as it's currently the vogue in fashion magazines, it may look like a Vanity Fair photo Very Happy

Smile thank you!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you say Tevidon is even better, eh? This looks wonderful from all sides, including the technical one. Btw, I also prefer the color version.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice is it not straight a bit? or perspective is a bit off I do not know but something is wrong not a lot dough, like the photo and this time I prefer color

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
So you say Tevidon is even better, eh? This looks wonderful from all sides, including the technical one. Btw, I also prefer the color version.

Smile many thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
very nice is it not straight a bit? or perspective is a bit off I do not know but something is wrong not a lot dough, like the photo and this time I prefer color

I did think about too, to fix horizontal level , but finally I did reject it. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colour one for me too Attila, very nice Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Thank you Graham!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

color vs bw 100:0 rare , thank yo Mo!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An easy choice for me this time. I like the colour version much more than the b/w version. A fine portrait!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go with the colour too! Lovely shot and the subject makes me forget about the diverging vertical.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks !

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from same session on #1 you can see why I did hesitate to rotate vertically of left as is, wall on left straight.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try to fix overexposed face here.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
More from same session on #1 you can see why I did hesitate to rotate vertically of left as is, wall on left straight.

I don't think you need to keep the left wall fragment in the scene. Actually, I find it disturbing. I think
that the composition would be cleaner without it.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

I don't think you need to keep the left wall fragment in the scene. Actually, I find it disturbing. I think
that the composition would be cleaner without it.

Agree, I left here as evidence I not made my usual mistake with horizontal line Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a case of "overcorrection" of one line. I mentioned the same about an image of Ian a few days ago.
When you use wide angle, and camera is not "on level" vertically, it creates two converging or diverging lines.
If you correct only one of them, using rotation, you end up making the other side worse.
The solution is to correct both at the same time using an appropriate tool for correction of verticals.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not easy.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work Attila + Krisztina! Very professional, I lift my hat!!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Excellent work Attila + Krisztina! Very professional, I lift my hat!!

Many thanks as always your support!