Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Darkroom hazards you done / almost done?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Darkroom hazards you done / almost done? Reply with quote

Almost today:
Put the film onto spiral .. aah it's done. And switch the lights on without putting the spiral into the canister.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used the Hypo bath as developer - and then stopped it and fixed it. Embarassed
The fact is: like any other work, you must be concentrated on your task, no matter how simple it is. If you think of something else while doing it, incidents happen (in all jobs).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot I had a roll in the developer and walked away for three hours. Fortunately, it was just a test roll to find out where a camera's light leak was.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most annoying was next:

I have an African Gray parrot as my love Smile she always hang on me and always deep trouble if I lost in bathroom for several minutes to put film into dev tank. So I decide I bring her to dark... she had patient for 30 seconds and after start to move down to figure out what the hell I do in dark... film was already out from cartridge and didn't went easily even without my bird help so imagine my feeling I had to fight with bird kept her on my shoulder and finish job too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I have an African Gray parrot as my love Smile she always hang on me and always deep trouble if I lost in bathroom for several minutes to put film into dev tank. So I decide I bring her to dark... she had patient for 30 seconds and after start to move down to figure out what the hell I do in dark... film was already out from cartridge and didn't went easily even without my bird help so imagine my feeling I had to fight with bird kept her on my shoulder and finish job too.

Laughing
I can figure the scene Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

Laughing
I can figure the scene Very Happy

LOL +1, that is funny!

Me - I developed two rolls in the tank with Kodak Photoflo instead of T-Max - the bottles are the same shape. Very clean results Very Happy

Between loading the tank with 120 film and putting in the developer I forgot what I had: I put in enough for 35mm film. The result is film that's about 2/3 developed, 1/3 not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did happen with me too Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I made a stand development of TriX 400 in Rodinal 1:100. I then I got tired and dozed off... about 4-6 hours later I woke up. Results were usable but very overexposed. I will try that in future for extreme pushing Smile I guess you can reac ultra high ISOs with that!

The first time I made a normal B/W film development I didn't know that you can't use red light while putting film into spiral -.- (I made only prints before). I got completly black negatives -.-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Once I made a stand development of TriX 400 in Rodinal 1:100. I then I got tired and dozed off... about 4-6 hours later I woke up. Results were usable but very overexposed. I will try that in future for extreme pushing Smile I guess you can reac ultra high ISOs with that!

The first time I made a normal B/W film development I didn't know that you can't use red light while putting film into spiral -.- (I made only prints before). I got completly black negatives -.-

black negatives was a great surprise Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years ago, I was developping in the toilet and printing in the bathroom, with tanks full of chemicals in a dangerous equilibrium..
My worst memory is fix falling down on my bathroom floor. (clothes + fix is not a good recipe)
The week after I moved to a club for printing !!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three days ago: I opened my new Leica M5 in a bright and sunny room before winding film back into canister Shocked After I recoginze that (2s) I pressed the camera to my chest, ran into my bathroom (=darkroom) and switched the light off...
Luckily with a little cropping I was at least able to recover about the first 1/3 of the pics without any haze Smile
The running saved some really nice pics Smile

(haze here is caused by digitalsiation, negative is perfectly clear)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some weeks ago while I was putting the film to the spiral in the bathroom, I dropped the film to the floor and when I bent to pick it, I accidentally hit the light switch with my elbow and put the lights on.. .. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemmo wrote:
Some weeks ago while I was putting the film to the spiral in the bathroom, I dropped the film to the floor and when I bent to pick it, I accidentally hit the light switch with my elbow and put the lights on.. .. Laughing

LOL Smile