Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to protect the lenses and the cams inside the backpack
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: How to protect the lenses and the cams inside the backpack Reply with quote

I've been moving to small backpacks of unknown brands, because the well known ones are also well known to robbers, and draw too much attention. I do use some DECATHLON small ones. Since they aren't prepared to take lenses, I have to protect them to avoid scratching ones against the others when inside the backpack.

The cheapest and most effective solution is to use small fabric socks. Besides protecting the lenses and cams from scratching, also keep the equipment temperature and avoid condensation (so bad for the fungus growth).

Six socks are $3.5:

For lenses (i.e. Tamron Adapt-a-matic 105mm f/2.5): Easy to put on and to remove.

For a cam: (i.e. Samsung NX1000 with the 18-55 OIS lens)

Then they can be put togheter into the backpack without scratching risks:

Hope it can give some clue to somebody.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart idea!
But sure looks funny Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Smart idea!
But sure looks funny Laughing

Thanks, Orio.
Yep, looks really funny... and fashion Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed excellent I did use many times my t-shirts to pack cameras in bag pack.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make me smile. Neat idea though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mommy look! That man with the camera sure does carry a lot of clean socks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Mommy look! That man with the camera sure does carry a lot of clean socks!

Less clean is fine too , until you open bag only Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that´s a good idea - helps with robbery, too, you can make DNA analysis between you and your lens

my protection are neoprene beer cans coolers, something with might be sold by Attila with MF logo on Idea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
that´s a good idea - helps with robbery, too, you can make DNA analysis between you and your lens

my protection are neoprene beer cans coolers, something with might be sold by Attila with MF logo on Idea

Nice hint thanks, may good idea to sell socks too as multi functional item Laughing