Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DNG Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: DNG Format Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if you convert all of your camera Raw files to DNG and then get rid of the raw to save space, or do you leave to native files a such when permanently archiving?

Thanks! Confused

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep all my Raw files exactly as they came out from the camera.
In that way nothing will be altered in the original data.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't convert to dng but when the canon raw will not be supported anymore, I will convert them

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stick with RAW.
DNG only really serves to save disk space, but hard drives are cheap these days so that reason is no longer valid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
I don't convert to dng but when the canon raw will not be supported anymore, I will convert them

Yep. Same here.

And the M8 produces DNGs out of cam.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always stick to the files mycam generates. As soon as something is converted it isn't 100% RAW anymore.

Also DNG is such a lousy spec, that i consider it to be the same kind of BS as Microsofts OpenXML, i.e. nobody except Adobe can implement it 100% compatible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am keeping RAW but duplicating the precious files in DNG format.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks for the tips!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I use only LR for PP, there is no point in converting from RAW to any other format - except when focus stacking which requires TIFF.

Glenn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn NK wrote:
Since I use only LR for PP, there is no point in converting from RAW to any other format - except when focus stacking which requires TIFF.

Glenn

Welcome Glenn!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an easy to use image editing online software available: “ReaConverter”, which is primarily intended for raw conversion. it offers all essential photo processing and image enhancements, the most helpful being re-size pictures, cropping, adjusting photo color, removing unwanted red-eye effect, applying artistic effects, watermarking, etc