Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miaou - again ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Miaou - again ... Reply with quote

I don't exactly hate cats ... They have easily conquered the right to be photographied (not shooted ...) with my bests lenses.

With Pentax Spotmatic F Smc-Takumar 1,8/85 on Kodak Ultra 800iso (a bit grainy) ,my old sprintscan 35+ Polaroďd

100% crop :

An then , Tokina SZ 70/210 AF on Dslr :

Cats are not easy to "capture" . It's hellish tricky business to make good pictures of black cats ... Try it ..

Last edited by Helios on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all grainy for an ISO800 film.
Very nice!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got sometimes more grain with old Agfacolor ... ! I could shoot at 1/500 f/8 here . Dslr data : 1/350 f/6,7 . I think tokina is a fine zoom manufacturer .

another : edixa-mat C , revuenon (tomioka) 1,4/55, agfacolor 200, full aperture 1,4 , 1/30 s, indoor, a few before sunset (no light at all !) , completely underexposed negative, some work with psp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice scans of the 800 asa Helios
we have the same old sprintscan 35+

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the tokina shot Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pentax looks like a great lens. Remember with PP you can always add grain if you want Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*wow*, even if I am no cat lover, I like the last one very much. Like an old painting.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
I am no cat lover

We will convert you Twisted Evil Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Borges wrote:
I am no cat lover

We will convert you Twisted Evil Laughing

No chance. I had one 20 years ago and she was a beast. Nearly every night she mistakes my feet for a mouse during sleep *ouch*

Sorry for OT Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots the grain is far from intrusive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: cats .... once more time . Reply with quote

Smc-Pentax -A 1,4/50mm f/4
Original :

http://picasaweb.google.fr/selligd/Chats/photo#5172172122891574818

100% crop :

http://picasaweb.google.fr/selligd/Chats/photo#5172172015517392402

I think this lens is really a good one ...

Edit: Attila, this way works.

Last edited by Helios on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pictures! Many thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason the pictures are not being displayed???

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots - I like the last one, its mood matches the subject.

I've always notice the problem with capture images of cats is getting them to stay still. Few of our cats have shown the willingness to pose - but to paraphrase Elmer Fudd "Be very quiet I'm hunting kitties." Smile

I think that Michael just hasn't met the right cat yet Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:

I think that Michael just hasn't met the right cat yet Laughing

My girlfriend, who is (was?) a dog diehard fan, one that used to ALWAYS repeat how she preferred dogs over cats... after some months of living together with a cat, Attila Junior (yes, called after our Attila!), has recently confessed me -twice!- "I didn't think that cats could be such a company".

Converted Very Happy

Fact is, most people who turn cats down, is because they don't really know them. It doesn't matter if you have a cat in your garden, or cats that visit occasionally. You have to live together with a cat, everyday - just like people use to live together with dogs. If you give cats the same chances of living together, that you usually give dogs, cats will surprise you completely. They can become SO affectionate, it's unbelievable for those who don't live with one.
And the reason it's hard to believe, is that cats don't show their affection in public like dogs do. A dog will always cheer his master, anytime, anyplace, in public just as much as in private. A cat won't show his/her true self to strangers. Not even to acquaintances. He/she will only show to the people who live together with them everyday. And only in private. And not under command, but only when the situation calls for it.
The relation with a cat, requires a mature owner. The "I give order, you obey" relationship does not work. The cat requests equality. A cat can understand your needs, and take a step back when you need him/her to. But if you ignore him/her for too long, she will come to you and ask your attention. Mind, not (only) to get food or play. He/she wants you to care about him/her. But he/she will not get on his/her knees for that: ignore him/her, and he/she will go away. Ignore him/her repeatedly, and you will lose the special relationship. You need to earn a cat's love, and you need to keep it - it can be forever, but it will not be forever if you don't keep it. It will not come free: you will have to pay for it.
And this is why I think that a relationship with a cat, can also be very educational. To work and keep the things that we love, is something that usually people -especially men- are not inclined to: we often learn it the hard way - by losing friends, or loves, or even wives. Because when we are not experienced, and when we are spoiled by our young age, we tend to think that the world will move at the sound of our fingers. It isn't that way, and we could learn it sooner and less painfully if we would learn from cats. I seriously think that when a man can handle a life together with a cat, he is also ready to handle a marriage.

-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All animal can be wonderful company, but dogs and cats can be the best all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love the first and the third cat shots - the grain is a positive element to the image in the first in my opinion!
The third has a great atmosphere.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, first and third shot are superb! Does this scanner require filmholders or can you simply load the negatives/positives to be scanned?

Pretty amazing results for a 2700dpi scanner!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for the pictures. I've owned some cats along my life, (well maybe I should say I've been owned by several cats instead Smile ) and are funny and difficult to shot. I love the third picture, the cat's expression is great. Quality of all of them is superb, third and fourth are my favs. Good work with the PS in the last one. The grain is fine, no problem with it.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks all ! I also consider I live at my cat's home ...My wife said : may I present you the new owner of the house ....This old scanner has a 6 frames negative film holder , and accept dias directly . I cleaned the optic , added some silicon grease to the mechanism and changed the lamp . 2700 dpi is over 110 lines/mm which is over the resolution of the current negative film production . Perhaps a 3200 would be better , but in my opinion ,more (a 4000 dpi) is only useful with Kodachrome and other high resolution films . The scans were made without any accentuation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful cats and pictures. I liked the third one particularly. My black cat wanted to say hello Smile

(E-400 and Vivitar 28mm close focus f2, Nikon AI)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy