Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Few winter pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Few winter pics Reply with quote

Today it was -20C cold.

Pics taken with Takumar 28mm.

Morning:

Afternoon:

My helpers:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. Takumar 3.5/28 is very good for this

Winter start in Europe today , 5cm snow over night.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, though I find that winter comes too soon, and summer should last at least 305 days...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenseH wrote:
Very nice, though I find that winter comes too soon, and summer should last at least 305 days...

+100!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least, in winter you have some snow to make nice photos such the ones you did.
Here, winter means rain, wind and coldness... and sometimes 3cm of snow during 4 days for the entire season (at least, near Paris)... not great to go outside and make some photos.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are few more from Saturday. It was -27 and very beautiful! Taken with Takumar 28mm.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love #2, we had a sky like that at dawn a couple of weeks ago, pink snow everywhere, but in the chaos of breakfast and getting everyone ready for school there was no chance to shoot it Crying or Very sad

What time is sunset/sunrise for you right now?

Your pics capture a ton of texture and detail in the snow which I also love.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Sunrise is at 9.30am and sunset is 2:50pm. Day is at shortest now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-27?! Shocked

Lovely winter series though, many thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchanting landscapes. Beautiful colours, great exposures. Detail a bit soft perhaps?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, especially where the texture of the snow is apparent, but I prefer a graduated ND filter to HDR type editing, which may be responsible for softness in the trees.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your advices! I should have used a tripod but didn't have it with me.