Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1961 Rolleiflex T Tessar 75 f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: 1961 Rolleiflex T Tessar 75 f3.5 Reply with quote

Well it jammed after the 5th frame while testing. Thought I would start a thread anyway.
Very sharp lens and smooth creamy Bokeh. Also surprisingly low Coma which is nice.
I was expecting the super swirly bit as I get from my other 75 tessar on a folder i have. Not on this one. Very Happy
Maybe in a different Focus distance. Although, close in like this is usually where it's bad.
More to come later. Open thread please post away if you have em. Smile

click it and it grows

Last edited by F16SUNSHINE on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shoot, I love Tessars they are very good lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice shot of a real cute little guy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's Hugo, right? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnaks Guys Smile

Yes that's Hugo.
It's a shame about this camera failing it's test roll. The advance just froze up. It's in beautiful shape otherwise. I will absolutely get it restored.
Looks like a long wait for repair ahead. If someone wanted to be busy at work they could go into Rollei Repair.
Harry Fleenor in Florida is the best guy in the US. He has a 12 week wait time once you send your camera in. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent image, Andy, damn worth getting the camera CLA'd. I'm having a little 'difficulty' with Greg
Weber, the go-to guy for all things Konica. I sent a C35 for CLA ($115 plus shipping both ways) and
the meter still doesn't work. Sent it back to him for another look, EDIT: Greg has made good, so have
edited this comment.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16,

Sorry for revisiting an old thread, but did you ever manage to get your T fixed successfully? Was it with Harry Fleenor?

Mine has died (film transport mechanism - it will not wind on), and of course now I find various online posts that seem to indicate that the T's are not of the same standard as the 3.5 E's and F's. In fact internally they are a bit of a nightmare apparently, plastic parts and the like, and the model is seen as a cheapened product run for "consumer" purchase. One Rollei repair shop (from the rolleigraphy.org site) won't even touch them and gives them a pretty poor review. (http://www.zeissikonrolleirepair.com/index.html).

So while I loved the results it did give me, I wonder if it is salvageable.

Both shots made with cheap Lomo 400 C41 film:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the Rolie that was reintroduced about a decade ago?
The F model introduced coupled exposure metering and removable focus hood on all subsequent models

Edited addition "Then I read the list title properly!! 1961. But it's a `T' all the same.

Rolleiflex 2.8F: 1960–81 (various models)
Rolleiflex 2.8F Aurum: 1983
Rolleiflex 2.8F Platinum: 1987
Rolleiflex 2.8GX: 1989 (from this model onward the Automat film transport was replaced with transport similar to the "T" model)
Rolleiflex 2.8FX (2002-2012)<?? I think this was the reviewed model I referred to below.
Rolleiflex 2.8FX-N (2012-current)

There was one that got quite a mixed revue in AP? As I recall, the revuer slagged the cosmetics for showing wear during the revue and went on to criticize the film transport among other mechanical features. He was comparing it to his much older 3.5F I believe, but it might have been the 2.8F Planar? Some one on here might have the mag with this revue in? Bottom line was that this was NOT up to the standard expected of a true Roleiflex, the tone of the article implied that a Seagull had been rebadged!!

I do hope that you get it fixed, TLR's are a great camera, I have 3 or 4 of them and love taking them for a walk, Hugo makes a great model and if you hadn't spotted it, he is posing for that shot, ours used to too!

l9magen wrote:
F16,

Sorry for revisiting an old thread, but did you ever manage to get your T fixed successfully? Was it with Harry Fleenor?

Mine has died (film transport mechanism - it will not wind on), and of course now I find various online posts that seem to indicate that the T's are not of the same standard as the 3.5 E's and F's. In fact internally they are a bit of a nightmare apparently, plastic parts and the like, and the model is seen as a cheapened product run for "consumer" purchase. One Rollei repair shop (from the rolleigraphy.org site) won't even touch them and gives them a pretty poor review. (http://www.zeissikonrolleirepair.com/index.html).

So while I loved the results it did give me, I wonder if it is salvageable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MT
Yes, mine's the early 60's T model (K8 type 3, I believe, going by the Serial number).
Once I got used to the viewfinder, I really enjoyed using it - it got a lot of funny stares and then it started some funny conversations. One kid didn't know what film was. Ah youth - it's wasted on the young.
I've sent Harry Fleenor an email and hope to hear back soon. Fingers crossed, but not overly so - I did a big more digging around and these T's do get a bad rap. Pity ... the images are great so the glass isn't the problem.....so I wonder if anyone has ever tried taking out the glass to be used elsewhere? And how?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l9magen wrote:
MT
Yes, mine's the early 60's T model (K8 type 3, I believe, going by the Serial number).
Once I got used to the viewfinder, I really enjoyed using it - it got a lot of funny stares and then it started some funny conversations. One kid didn't know what film was. Ah youth - it's wasted on the young.
I've sent Harry Fleenor an email and hope to hear back soon. Fingers crossed, but not overly so - I did a big more digging around and these T's do get a bad rap. Pity ... the images are great so the glass isn't the problem.....so I wonder if anyone has ever tried taking out the glass to be used elsewhere? And how?

In a similar situation, explaining `film' to a youngster, I told him it was a camera that did the image capture chemically and produced the results as hard copy, he completely understood, immedietly.

If the lens/shutter assembly is the same as many medium format cameras, you might be able to graft it onto an old folding camera. my only reservation would be the arrangement for cocking the shutter and how it's released. The focus would have to be accommodated with the bellows/lens standard's movements. For now, I'd Percy and Vier to getting it fixed as a Rolieflex.

I wonder if the `T's' deficiency's are related to the Yashica 124G's? These too work fine, until you subject them to overenthusiastic `fast wind' like a ticket machine on a busy day. Anyone who has been at a `fashion shoot' back in the sixties will know what I'm talking about. A succession of models and half a dozen geeks and Blad's `going for it'. They'd get thro' a 120 roll in less than 30 sec. Blad's and Rolie's of that period were expected to handle this scene without failure, it's what they were built for. But the `T' models were for the amateur market and these possibly weren't up to enthusiastic abuses? Just my thoughts on the mater, I hope it gets fixed, a Rolie is a prized posession and a great camera, I'd be sick as a parrot if I had one and it broke!!