Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Foggy Morning at the Seastacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Foggy Morning at the Seastacks Reply with quote

Here was a very nice Summer morning on an Olympic peninsula wilderness beach. It was almost surreal, just wandering among these seastacks. These are the kinds of mornings that I always have memories of.

With the wider angle lens, I was JUST able to pick up the little rock on the lower right! I was backed up against another seastack. I thought it gave a little bit of substance to the image.

There was the potential of a LOT of flare, so I toned it down a little with my hand shading the big glass of the Flektogon. It still let a little bit of flare through, but in my opinion it helps to keep the value of the image as misty and foggy. Sometimes a controlled amount of flare helps!

Seastacks on a Foggy Morning
Pentax 645
Flektogon 50
f:16 1/30th
Kodachrome 64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These med format shots of yours Laurence! They are really delicious and one can only imagine how good a large print can come from them.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully judged composition as always

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Laurence. This one too is great.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I follow Cool It's the kind of picture to hang up in your living room.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture. The haze really helps to define the distances.

Amazing rock formations!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha I recognise you now from another forum! Great shot - I like the little surprise in the lower right corner...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot Larry!

Ever thought of going into the poster business.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, Richard, Montecarlo, fotomachi, Orio, SPKennedy, and j.lukow: Thank you VERY much for your concise and illuminating comments.

spkennedky: Yes, I used to post quite a bit on the other forum, but it just became too scattered, with so many images to try to view. This resulted in an inability to really take the time to comment and/or post a lot of images.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, another marvelous shot! I like the lonely conifer on top of
the first stack, (ponderosa pine)? Maybe juniper.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another inspiring shot! i think the flare definately adds to the dramatics of the image....looks very surreal. Smile