Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

T-Max 3200 film, C-Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: T-Max 3200 film, C-Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM Reply with quote

Photos taken with ZM C-Sonnar 1.5/50, film is Kodak T-Max 3200, souped in T-Max developer, scanned with Reflecta ProScan 7200.

I am very happy with the work of the lens. Probably my best 50mm lens overall (including reflex lenses).
Also, no focus shift what so ever in the second (wide open) photo. Given the number of reports that I read on the subject, I have to conclude that my copy must be
one of those copies of the lens that Zeiss calibrated for wide open at the factory. Either that, or I am incredibly lucky with focusing.
Not so sure about the film/developer combo. I realize that 3200 ISO is quite extreme and can't expect the same lushness of tones as slower films.
Yet, considering that I took these photos the same afternoon as this Kentmere 400 roll: http://forum.mflenses.com/piacenza-kentmere-400-bandw-film-t55380.html
I can't but miss the luscious tonality and subtle gradations of the Kentmere/Gradual combo. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them both, beautiful tones and the grain works well in these.

Nice work throughout!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Orio! Yes, you can't expect too much from 3200 ISO, but this film/dev is certainly decent. I found Neopan 1600 to be a little better.