Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Officine Galielo II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Officine Galielo II Reply with quote

Friend of mine bought this camera I have a chance to test and sell

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Officine_Galileo

Any experience?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Condor I? or the Condor II?
Please let me know if the camera is working and how much your friend wants. I may ask Monica if she can make of it my Christmas present.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The Condor I? or the Condor II?
Please let me know if the camera is working and how much your friend wants. I may ask Monica if she can make of it my Christmas present.

I think condor II, not yet in my hand I will put into service on Wednesday due RF not works , surely you will be first who has opportunity to buy it. Don't know yet price .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The camera is a Leica III clone but with fixed lens. Officine Galileo was (and still is) an advanced optical manufacturer,
today they make parts for astronomical devices (some parts of Hubble telescope were made by them).
In the past before the war they made scientifical instruments (mostly microscopes, but also optical recognition devices for military use),
but after 1945 the Allies prohibited the production of any advanced technology instruments, so they converted the factory to consumer products
and made the Condor cameras (which were also marketed by Ferrania).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for details! As I know it has stunning optics.