Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm f1.8 MC Green
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm f1.8 MC Green Reply with quote

Full size images are here
Behind a glass ISO 800 wide open

ISO 100 f5.6

ISO 400 wide open

Behind a glass ISO 800 wide open long exposure time, hand held

Last edited by Attila on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, these are the most impressive shots I've seen from you so far, specially the 1st and last. A big Wow!.
Did you take it with the Oly?.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile Yes Olympus E-1.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb shot with the snake
The pancolar is top even wide open and behind glass
The 100 iso is great, a pity you have to use 400 & 800 iso in the zoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I had to use high ISO was inside in buildings.So I had no other choice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful photos, especially the green tree python.

Imre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake was so much luck I would really to repeat with Biotar 75mm f1.5 to get laser sharp image next time, but I don't think so I able to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh love all of them
My favourites are Rhino and Hippo!
Also like the water Medusa, very difficult catch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the first time Rhino get this close to me I guess he asked my help to visit his son, because they are living separately as neighbors. Hipo is my old friend no trouble to catch her or him any time. I made a great series from jelly fishes exposure time sometimes was just 1/30 sec.They are new citizens in Budapest Zoo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand why they keep the son separate from his parents... that is cruel Sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they afraid from male... I have no experience with rhinos.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Perhaps they afraid from male... I have no experience with rhinos.

Possible... but they should keep mother with child then.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Most of them zoo is painful place unfortunately. I would change lot of things to make better place for animals. Zoo leaders look animals as money maker machines they really don't care they feel... They are came from "financial lobby".Just a chance to earn money nothing more...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the snake Pic Attila, the zoo question brings out quite a heated debate, Do you not visit them and therefore remove much needed funds for caring for the animals, or do you visit and perpetuate the suffering of the animals, Whay does life have to be so complicated? Personally if I felt the animals were not being looked after as well as I would expect I would not return there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 is stunning - congrats! Print it BIG!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually they are all great. The creative juices must have been flowing well!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Attila - these are magnificent. I love the snake and the jellyfish. That Pancolar looks like a real keeper

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Pancolar a name of quality especially the 80mm lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colours of the snake and jellyfish are very vivid - excellent shots.

Attila wrote:
Yes. Most of them zoo is painful place unfortunately. I would change lot of things to make better place for animals. Zoo leaders look animals as money maker machines they really don't care they feel... They are came from "financial lobby".Just a chance to earn money nothing more...

Attila the good news is that this is not always true - there are good zoos out there that believe in conservation and quality of life for the animals. The zoo in Toronto is excellent and spacious Smile http://www.torontozoo.com/
I would hope that the reason why conditions are the way they are in Budapest is that it probably is an old zoo with no real room for expansion and was built when zoos were just animal collections.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive , particularly the snake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:
The colours of the snake and jellyfish are very vivid - excellent shots.

Attila wrote:

Attila the good news is that this is not always true - there are good zoos out there that believe in conservation and quality of life for the animals. The zoo in Toronto is excellent and spacious Smile http://www.torontozoo.com/
I would hope that the reason why conditions are the way they are in Budapest is that it probably is an old zoo with no real room for expansion and was built when zoos were just animal collections.

This zoo leadership is same than my country leadership. Yes, there is not enough space because this was one of the earliest zoo in Europe, but many things is not space dependent. I am glad if you have nice zoo with well handled animals.