Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piacenza Kentmere 400 B&W film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Piacenza Kentmere 400 B&W film Reply with quote

This is my first roll of this film and not having a guideline, I experimented with developing time, which turned out quite appropriate (although maybe 30'' more would not have hurted).
I was not expecting much from this film, but wrongly: it turned out good, at times excellent in tones where the film got a little more exposure
(which allowed for a better compensation effect performance by the Gradual ST20). Grain is a little more than I would like.
ZI camera, Snapshot-Skopar 4/25 lens, developed with Ornano Gradual ST20 for 9'30'', scanned with Reflecta ProScan 7200:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting and good! results. 2,3, 10, and 13 are the faves, really liking what that scanner can do as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bill. I was surprised by the results because the little that I saw of this film previously, was quite bold, Rodinal-style, with strong highlights and not much detail in the mid-high range.
I think that Gradual instead delivered a great range of tones and the way the cathedral was rendered is delicious I think, I can single out every stone of it.
My favourite photo in this bunch is #6 because it has black, white and every single tone in between, and I can't wait to find the time to print it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This turned out very well Orio and you were able to catch the "mood" nicely"! I like that grain...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always enjoy your "travelogues" Orio. You also remind many of us who grew up on B+W that it is still a living art

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tonality and detail on #1 in particular is very impressive to me. It's everything I want in my own b&w images.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orio, your series is lovely, one of the bst imo. btw, i'm glad you like this film as it is one of my favorites! i have a few dozen rolls left and i hoard them!
tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2, 3 and 8 for me - a very good series.