Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

from the last roll of Ferrania
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: from the last roll of Ferrania Reply with quote

Ferrania 100 @80, spot metering

Canon EOS-IN, EF 50/1.8II

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it Bill, very spontaneous. Also the unusual composition is very effective, I think I will steal the concept Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love it bill, the spontanaeity, the moving forward with elongated OOF behind the subject, the right moment, really nicely done. plus i really like ferrania, and luckily ive got a couple dozen rolls in the fridge!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice composition, Bill, and a sympathetic photograph.

Last roll, eh? I put mine in the freezer so it could become a collectors item in the future, and I'll make enough money to retire on Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, gents, it's a bittersweet farewell. Half the roll came back fogged (looks like the owner at CVS did these). Another from the
roll where the AF got fooled:

click for larger view

and less than a half hour before the girl was in this reflective mood, another from Contax roll with Xtol:

Shot a Fuji Xtra 400 roll that amounted to just vacation-type snaps, boring.

I'm saving some of the KG100 rolls in the freezer (from Moira) like they were gold. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine ones !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is stunning, and what a delightful model. Mona Lisa smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo and Patrick, thanks! Mulling over getting a dedicated film scanner for 35mm...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferrania is great isn't it!

I really like that 1st shot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st shot and the B&W one, really nice!

Ferrania is great!

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin and Jes, thanks, Ferrania WAS one of my favorite films. Prices on ebay for it are not kind,
but thinking about it...

Boys in GB were buying up the stock at Poundland stores and flipping it on ebay for 4 times the price.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely like the B&W shot and I think I like the first shot, but the composition has me undecided due to the second person behind the subject. The colours are good with this film.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skida, thanks, yes, the first may not be everyone's ideal comp.