Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first push with Xtol: AP400>800
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: first push with Xtol: AP400>800 Reply with quote

I followed the Massive Dev Chart: Xtol 1:1, 10 mins, 20C

AP400(TriX) to 800

This is more grain than I thought I'd get, not entirely happy with the result. Using
the Olympus XA-2, some pics were not framed (shot from the hip).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: first push with Xtol: AP400>800 Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

AP400(TriX) to 800

Do you mean Agfapan 400 or Tri-X?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, this is Arista Premium, rebadged TriX.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Mark, this is Arista Premium, rebadged TriX.

Ah, thanks. Agfapan 400 was great pushed to 800. I did it professionally for years.
Too bad Neopan 400 is gone.

Personally, I only go that high ISO with 120 TX.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, thanks, yes, lesson learned. These are some banal test pics, first roll thru the Minolta XG-1 with
MD 28-85 zoom (nice lens), pulling Arista Premium 400 to 200 using Xtol 1:1, 8 mins, 20C:

I'm definitely going to be getting some Neopan 400 and Acros, next order. This Xtol is actually the
Legacy Pro me-too stuff, supposed to perform identically to the original...hummm.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the leaf shot a lot...for what its worth.. Very Happy The leaves have a metal look and you get the "appearance" of heaviness or at the very least a leaf of substance...not a flimsy leaf.. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like the leaf shot a lot...for what its worth.. Very Happy The leaves have a metal look and you get the "appearance" of heaviness or at the very least a leaf of substance...not a flimsy leaf.. Laughing

+1 !!

I've to pick the developing tank and do it by myself one of these days.
Thanks for sharing, Bill.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find these results excellent grain-wise, Bill! I would call this a success.
Did you take #4 on the stage of an horror movie? Laughing I bet the guy has iron claws Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira, Jes, and Orio, thanks, folks. Smile Will be trying some Fomapan 100 with Xtol to see how that
goes.

Orio, the guy had a lumbering gait reminiscent of that famous footage of an alleged sasquatch. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes bill a real successful test, and some good shots as well! tonality is beautiful.
tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, thanks, wanted to push to 800 with the little XA2 cuz of shutter speed
issues. It looks like it didn't stop down as far as I wanted, and of course
there's no control over what the camera selects, but ISO, which was as far
as it would go.