Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contessa-Nettel Suevia / Delta 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Contessa-Nettel Suevia / Delta 100 Reply with quote

The Suevia with Rollex back, Delta 100 in HC-110, Epson 4490. The f/6.3 Nettar-Anastigmat is typical of the era (pre 1930) as it gives a lot of veiling flare and is in general low contrast. So I helped the pictures a bit, figuring that is what the photographer of the day would have done as well.

frozen fountain by Nesster, on Flickr

Verona Park by Nesster, on Flickr

November day, Verona by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second is superb, I love #3 as well, congrats!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice work with some difficult equipment. you should be very pleased jussi.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Second is superb, I love #3 as well, congrats!!

+1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd picture is postcard material, great capture

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!
I think Jussi that you and I envision B&W in a very similar way
(I more refer to monochrome tones and general philosophy of the negative, more than to the subjects - although these are similar as well)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone - I enjoy struggling with these vintage things.

This particular camera's brilliant finder (on the nose) turned out to be especially difficult to use. But here are a couple of lesser samples from that roll.

Fishing at the park by Nesster, on Flickr

Salvatorian, Verona by Nesster, on Flickr

The Goerz with Dagor is probably ~5 years older than this Contessa... but the Dagor is clearly a superior lens. Well, and I used color film Smile

Round Turret by Nesster, on Flickr