Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Foma 400 / Contax IIIa / Sonnar 50/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Foma 400 / Contax IIIa / Sonnar 50/2 Reply with quote

So I finally got around to buying more Foma 400 -- my first experience was with expired film, which turned out to be very temperamental. And I got my Contax fixed. The two together produced these images, developed in HC-110 and scanned with an Epson 4490.

BTW, you can use those floppy plastic push-on M42 rear caps as front cap on the Sonnar / Jupiter-8.

morning commute by Nesster, on Flickr

propeller by Nesster, on Flickr

tree school by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that your Contax is restored, Jussi. Good work with the Foma 400. How do you judge it compared to Tri-X?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Orio, I'm happy. I like fresh Foma 400 a whole lot better than the expired one Laughing; I like the tone of Tri-X but the damn stuff curls like crazy. Tri-X grain is less apparent as well. Foma 400 gives a nice old fashioned tone and grain, and makes skies a bit darker.

Holga film is Foma, btw. I'll post some from the Super Ikonta soon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like last one best, I did never try ISO 400 B&W film yet. Contax is great stuff isn't it ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I like last one best, I did never try ISO 400 B&W film yet. Contax is great stuff isn't it ?

Indeed, smooth as butter. There are other 35mm SLR's that will do what the Contax does with difficulty, but within its range WOW, don't really need anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax/Kiev was love at first look to me I did bought and try many of them and told to myself okay I will sell them after test ,all with me Laughing I am crazy.