Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Autumn stroll in the park
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Autumn stroll in the park Reply with quote

A little stroll in the central park of the city to test the Canon EOS IX . APS expired Fuji Nexia 200 exposed as 125 ISO I used the EF 50mm 1.8 I for most of the frames . The first and the last ,Tamron 17-35 .Couldn't avoid flare on first one ,had no hood with me .Yet,in the viewfinder it looked better , on a diagonal display . Those gathered guys are mostly retired and unemployed people who use to get out there and play chess .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting subject, Teo. It would be worth approaching them and asking for a close up photo (promise to give them a print)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Very interesting subject, Teo. It would be worth approaching them and asking for a close up photo (promise to give them a print)

Thank you, Orio !
I'll try a follow-up

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

+1

The grain seems to work with the subject here.

When we last visited Barcelona, we did the touristy thing and had a good walk around La Sagrada Familia. To the East of the church, we found a little park where some people of "mature years" were playing a type of skittles/boules game and it was so fascinating we sat and enjoyed the atmosphere while they played.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, Teo, I like the frame size the APS provides, too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Nice series, Teo, I like the frame size the APS provides, too.

Yes, I love it too . In fact , I started to crop like this (more or less ) before using this camera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to approximate the aspect ratio in these but came up a little short in height. I
wanted to have the bridge surrounded in autumnal colors and cropped-out the reflected
blue sky at the bottom:

Samsung NX100 with 20-50 zoom

Yours go from 579 to 582 pixels in height, this is 525. In future will try for 581 pixels, average.

Looking forward to more, Teo!