Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Zeiss 85mm f1.4 - German Made
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Contax Zeiss 85mm f1.4 - German Made Reply with quote

These are getting increasingly more rare and the prices are only going skywards... Here we have a German made Contax/Yashica mount 85mm f1.4. Serial number on the barrel interior is 5916801

Condition:

As seen from the photos it has plenty of marks to the exterior as befits a lens of this age but nothing that affects operation. The glass is free of scratches (any marks in the pic are just smudges from cleaning as I only had a sec to take the pics) although there is dust inside the front element - although nothing that affects picture quality. Focus rotation is acceptable but not 1000% smooth. Iris operation the same - as in it works perfectly but feels like it could use a touch of TLC.

Basically it could use a little clean and then it would be perfect. I spoke to The Len Doctor in the UK and he suggested it wasn't a big job at all. Priced for quick sale. These things are often going for almost double the asking price here.

Sale Price
£410 plus £10 postage to the UK
£410 plus £20 posted to the EU
£410 plus £30 posted to the US

OR

Possible trades

Zeiss ZE 25mm f2
Zeiss ZE 50mm f2 macro
Zeiss ZE 85mm f1.4

Mk 1 Canon 24-70 f2.8l
Contax Zeiss 28mm f2
Contax Zeiss 28-85mm zoom

Or if you have anything else exciting len-wise to trade please PM me. Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and though I should take a couple of quick snaps with it to show the optics are fine.

F2.8

F1.4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Contax Zeiss 85mm f1.4 - German Made Reply with quote

Long shot, but if you're interested in trading for a Samyang 85/1.4 + some cash I might be interested.

I love the optical quality of my Samyang 85/1.4 but most of the rest of the lenses I use frequently are Contax Zeiss and the colour rendition of the Samyang is a bit different; it makes it kind of annoying in RAW processing I have to redo all the curves whenever I hit a photo shot with my Samyang 85, whereas all my Contax Zeiss gear is all fairly consistent with each other. Fine lens though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough I'm actually waiting on the new cine-version of the Samyang 85mm being released this month as I work 90% with video. If you had that one we could have definitely done a deal. Sorry mate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although if you wanted to throw in that 100mm in your sig too..... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would also be interested in

Canon 24-105l f4
Canon EF 70-200l f2.8

Zeiss ZE 21mm
Zeiss ZE 28mm f2
Zeiss ZE 35mm f1.4
Zeiss ZE 100mm f2 macro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I put the lens on Ebay...

Sale Price
£380 posted to the UK
£390 posted to the EU
£400 posted to the US

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People interested in this offer can (and should) obviously still contact the owner via private message.