Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

snow + train software failure = no work today.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: snow + train software failure = no work today. Reply with quote

Tonight started snowing here, and went on for all the morning.
When I left from home to get to the train station for my daily commute, the main street was still full of snow, and traffic was jammed.
So I took all sort of secondary roads (even dirtier, but I feel quite comfortable with driving in moderate snow) and finally got to Piacenza railway station, just to find out... that a branch of Italian railway service has a new software to organize the train employee's shifts, and it didn't work. All trains were at least 1 hour late, and the other people I had to meet in Milan called me to tell me they wouldn't be there.

So I had a free day, i went back along the secondary roads, and quickly snapped some shots.
The snow created a lovely atmosphere, but also a haze that mad it almost impossible to shoot things far away: I had to work a bit on them in PP. B/W conversion made with silver efex.

A relatively clean road, just behind my home (MC Mir 20 M)

DSC00004 by A_Anything, on Flickr

A private road leading to my neighbour's farm (around 1 km far from my home)(MC Mir 24 N)

DSC00012 by A_Anything, on Flickr

Bridge over river Trebbia, linking Piacenza to the countryside where I live (CZJ Pancolar 1.8/50)

DSC00036 by A_Anything, on Flickr

Silvia, who had to walk in the snow and wait for me to take the pics under the snow (CZJ Sonnar 2.8/180)

DSC00046 by A_Anything, on Flickr

Wires (CZJ Sonnar 2.8/180)

DSC00031 by A_Anything, on Flickr

Again, the bridge & Silvia (Tamron adaptall 2.5/24 01B)

DSC00026 by A_Anything, on Flickr

some trees near the riverbank (MC Mir 24 N)

DSC00037 by A_Anything, on Flickr

Last edited by Aanything on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos! Smile I like especialy the bridge #3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pierre.
#3 is my fave as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenord? Twisted Evil
BTW, nice high key landscapes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this series, and you are another fortunate like Attila to have a patient, lovely model

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series of photos. B&W a natural choice in such a colorless environment. I found myself looking at the first two photos quite some time before continuing on. The first one is my favorite of the series because of the way it captured the weather and also the composition - a violation of the rule of thirds, but a brilliant one at that. The second picture just reminded me of places I've been when days were snowy like that. The car's tire tracks continue under the gate and down the road, making one wonder how low that car was Wink The picture of Silvia is one that you will come back to in years to come. This series has made me sentimental; after living 50 years in the north, I moved to a sunny paradise (no regrets), but find myself missing the beauty, feel, and smell of those big snowstorms.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Trenord? Twisted Evil
BTW, nice high key landscapes.

Thanks Orio.
Sure, Trenord. Their problem with software stole me about 1 hour per day in the last week. I hope they will get it fixed.

patrickh wrote:
Love this series, and you are another fortunate like Attila to have a patient, lovely model

patrickh

Thanks Patrickh.
Actually she doesn't like much to be photographed: I usually take snaps when she doesn't notice. But she's getting used to it.
On the other hand, she is really patient indeed.
So she is usually ok with stopping 25 minutes in front of a church, until I get some pics I like.

woodrim wrote:
Very nice series of photos. B&W a natural choice in such a colorless environment. I found myself looking at the first two photos quite some time before continuing on. The first one is my favorite of the series because of the way it captured the weather and also the composition - a violation of the rule of thirds, but a brilliant one at that. The second picture just reminded me of places I've been when days were snowy like that. The car's tire tracks continue under the gate and down the road, making one wonder how low that car was Wink The picture of Silvia is one that you will come back to in years to come. This series has made me sentimental; after living 50 years in the north, I moved to a sunny paradise (no regrets), but find myself missing the beauty, feel, and smell of those big snowstorms.

Thanks woodrim.
Today it started raining, all the snow is melting and getting mixed with mud and dirt. More, it's cold and humid, and my often injured ankle starts aching.
I'd leave for a sunny paradise tomorrow morning, but I understand what you mean: those 3-4 days per winter when everything works together are great.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the environment after a heavy snowfall, it is so clean, quiet and crisp-cold. Lovely shots!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nos 3 & 4 for me! Lovely