Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Russian lens family in my neighborhood
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: New Russian lens family in my neighborhood Reply with quote

Today I stopped back at home to pick up a couple tools. The Postman was in the driveway holding a box. There was a strange lanquage coming from the box and I knew it could mean only one thing........

A RUSSIAN
INVASION! Surprised

here they are taking a sunbath (not camera shy these four eh?)

And here they are posing for a family portrait, they should have hired a better photographer Wink

Anyway, Thank You Michael for sending me this lovely group. As you can see they arrived just in time for some nice weather. Hopefully this weekend I can get a chance to produce some images with these invaders from the old USSR. Once again I must say it was very generous of you to include the helios 44-2 and industar for me. A very fine gesture indeed.

Thanks again

Andy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! They are all lovely! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations I look forward to seeing the results

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats sunshine! very strong invasion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komrade, wellkommen to the russian team!.

(I miss only the MIR, got the others, and I like them very much.)
Congrats for such nice family enhancement!.

Looking forward to see your shots with the red flag team!

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd watch out for McCarthy if I were you... But as long as he hasn't found you, enjoy the Russians' company Wink (will vodka dissolve the coating? Laughing )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy

That teenie Industar is a real performer - I love mine which came from Attila (Hungarian postage marks!). I have become quite enamored of the russian lenses. This group is something else.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the Tovarish import! Very Happy

Hey Andy is it what you see from your house the breathtaking view I am seeing in the second picture?

WOW ! Shocked

If I lived there I would stare at the view the whole day!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Orio It is our view. It is lovely and does make working from home somewhat unproductive at times. And most important to any member who wants to use it. That is the view from our guest room as well. Michelle and I would be more than happy to receive guests from the MF forum. This area is a photogs heaven. Well in the right time of year (weather) anyway.

Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great set Andy! I think you're going to love the density of the colours, especially from the Mir and the Jupiter. I'm really looking forward to hearing your whoops of delight! (and seeing some shots of course!)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they arrived now. Time has changed: in earlier days everyone was in fear about arriving of the russians, today we are taking care that they will arrive save and well. Very Happy

I hope to see some results here soon. Looking at your pictures I think they are in good hands in your area. Wonderful background!
And who knows, perhaps I will see some of the lenses again during the MFL-Meeting 2015 (when my kids are older Very Happy ).

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
I'm glad they arrived now. Time has changed: in earlier days everyone was in fear about arriving of the russians, today we are taking care that they will arrive save and well. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
best laugh of the week!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we loved to see Germans in early times to arrive and this time too than Russians LOL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that a MC jupiter or a single coated one?

I have a singlecoated Jupiter 9 and Mir 24 for Nikon. Mir has excellent colors and contrast and is a great lowlight lens with very decent closeup performance, but the corners at infinity are dissapointing even at f8.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
Nice set of lenses to play around with.
(I am still waiting to get the Zuiko 1.4/50. As far as this waiting is concerned ebay is a pain!)

Borges wrote:
... during the MFL-Meeting 2015 (when my kids are older Very Happy ).

Count me in!

Jesito wrote:
(I miss only the MIR, got the others, and I like them very much.)

Dto.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and always good light with the lenses.

Imre