Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

luna light
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: luna light Reply with quote

Well we had high hopes for clear skies tonight as the moon was to be eclipsed by the earths shadow. I got a few clicks off before the clouds stole the show. Here is one quick one. And a crop (100%) from another frame. A bit to much haze in the sky but, At least I can share the experience with you. BOTH W/40D

Contax 80-200 @100MMISH ISO 100

Contax 80-200 @f8 @200MM iso 100

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots. It should give some of us ideas of what we have waiting on film. I fired off a batch to test some different lenses.

The cropped image is exellent and I love the fact you caught the moonbeam in the water.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your words. I hope others had better luck. We had such a perfect day today. Then when the moon popped up it quickly clouded in. I must say, I have no complaints. It is just nice to have some dry and calm days. I look forward to others shots from the eclipse. [/i]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy

clouds spoiled our view. Unfortunately I dont think there is another one due for quite a while.

patrickh

Really good shots

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. You lucky. Clouds here Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice perfect romantic atmosphere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent eclipse shots.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good photos. I wanted last night, the lunar eclipse photograph. Unfortunately, the sky was cloudy. Now, I must wait three years for the next.

Imre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to scan in a couple prints taken of the Lunar eclipse.
As I wanted to get decent image sizes I used tele-extenders - to boot my focal lengths. I used this as an exercise in Moon photography. Sorry if I didn't get any landscape in them - I'm in town with a tree'd yard after 9pm Smile I think my results were interesting.

All pictures were at F16 1/250 sec using 400 ASA colour film.

This first one was with my Tamron 80-210 TeleMacro zoom and both my tele-extenders 2x & 3x (so I guess 6x Confused )

My second one was with my new Steinheil 135 and the 3x . . .

Here it is cropped / enlarged . . .

I don't think the resolution is that bad.
Jim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steinheil is AMAZING, considering you had the tele-extender attached. Good, very good resolution.