Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 105mm f2.5 in my home studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 105mm f2.5 in my home studio Reply with quote

Here's couple of home studio experiments with nikkor 105mm f2.5 with Nikon d50.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very professional look...
I like them.
How did you shot them?.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them both. The second one has a bit more presentation, and I love the colors. Did you shoot with a white foam board in the background?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second one for me, maybe you can posts a photo of your studio setup?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on #2. Looks like a lightbox with rear/side lighting/ The nikkor of course is one of the very best

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your comments. I can't get a picture from that set-up because it was only temporary home studio, but I made a little illustration of it:

One sheet of white cardboard on the wall and one on the table. Only light source came under the table and it reflected from the wall creating a nice soft rear lightning. There was one black cardboad piece each side of the glass, making the black reflections to the glass. Without these black cardboards glass wouldn't be so visible. On the first shot there's also light coming straight above the glass. Hope you'll understand my illustration Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice result jutei
thanks for posting the setup, I want to try it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jutei wrote:
thank you for your comments. I can't get a picture from that set-up because it was only temporary home studio, but I made a little illustration of it:

Thanks for taking the time to describe and illustrate it!

jutei wrote:
One sheet of white cardboard on the wall and one on the table. Only light source came under the table and it reflected from the wall creating a nice soft rear lightning. There was one black cardboad piece each side of the glass, making the black reflections to the glass. Without these black cardboards glass wouldn't be so visible. On the first shot there's also light coming straight above the glass. Hope you'll understand my illustration Smile

Black reflectors. Interesting, would not have thought of that ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great thanks for the set up!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very professionally done!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Very professionally done!

I absolutely agree.