Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ooops! another tlr
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: ooops! another tlr Reply with quote

I don't remember bidding on this Embarassed Glad I did though. nice price ay? Cool

Click here to see on Ebay

fixed link Wink

Last edited by F16SUNSHINE on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Andy!

"Nice price", you say?
Wonderful price!!!
Enjoy it,

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats sunshine!
I should try the bid and forget Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat-Mania!! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mat-Mania!!

Laughing
Yes, Mat Mania is right. Including this an the rolleiflex I now have 4. Shocked it is a good investment right? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Andy, that is a bargain price! Looks in excellent shape, too!

Of course, buying a Stradivarius violin doesn't mean you'll play like Izaak Perlman, but in your case, I think you're probably a better photographer
than Izaak. Does that make sense? It did when I typed it! Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great price!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Quote:
Mat-Mania!!

Laughing
Yes, Mat Mania is right. Including this an the rolleiflex I now have 4. Shocked it is a good investment right? Wink

Great buy Andy! What are the other two cameras?

In my case I blame Bill for nudging me into buying my Mat, but now after seeing Laurence's pictures I'm very glad I did. Bill's got a beautiful Ricohflex - I don't remember seeing any pictures from it yet Bill! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What are the other two cameras?

I have a 124g and also another LM. The other LM I have is interesting because it has a german lumuxar lens with 12 blade aperture. I have not shot it yet. I have to open it up and adjust the shutter switch. The LM model came with that Lumuxar lens only for a short time before the Yashinon lens replaced it. So there you have a tad of YM history. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Quote:
What are the other two cameras?

I have a 124g and also another LM. The other LM I have is interesting because it has a german lumuxar lens with 12 blade aperture. I have not shot it yet. I have to open it up and adjust the shutter switch. The LM model came with that Lumuxar lens only for a short time before the Yashinon lens replaced it. So there you have a tad of YM history. Cool

Interesting. This guy says it's the same lens design as the Yashinon, just a different name.

Are you planning to repair the light meter? If so I'd like to see what you do later on, as I'd like to have a go at repairing the selenium meter on my dad's old rangefinder. It's a "circle-eye" type, round the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT buy Andy! Wow. I like the "style" of the LM.

I almost bit the bullet on a Topcoflex that ended up too high for my budget.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Peter
I think this guys page has it basically correct. The design of the lumuxar and yashinon lens is the same optical formula. The big difference to me and it is a biggy is the aperture. The Yashinon has the typical 5 blade hexnut and the ugly highlights that come with it when stopped down. The Lumuxar iris is almost completely round stopped down. The coatings on the two lenses look very similar in hue and reflectivity. I will have to do a side by side when the other camera arrives. As for the light meter. Yes I will fix it. I kind of doubt it is broken maybe a bit tired or stuck needle. I will update this post for all who are interested.

@Larry
Thanks I like the look of the LM best of all the YM cameras. On a funny note. When I got the first one Michelle looked at it and said. "Huh, thats weird they built a flash into it". I than explained it was the windo for the meter Laughing

Andy