Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seagull TLR Fomapan 100 Fomadon LQN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Seagull TLR Fomapan 100 Fomadon LQN Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good landscape shots there.

I see a few of the shots with sky in have dark streaks. What is the cause?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Some good landscape shots there.

I see a few of the shots with sky in have dark streaks. What is the cause?

No idea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the streaks around when Bill tells me to chuck my fixer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a 35mm camera? It could be surge coming through the perforations. Also, I've had those streaks with light-damaged film as well as over-agitated film that develops some uneven developing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Is that a 35mm camera? It could be surge coming through the perforations. Also, I've had those streaks with light-damaged film as well as over-agitated film that develops some uneven developing.

6x6 TLR, thanks for tip.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, not enough force in agitation? I've had something like it with 35mm when I used a stirring method.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Perhaps, not enough force in agitation? I've had something like it with 35mm when I used a stirring method.

Possible I did use two tanks parallel, and may I forgot to agitate in every minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take one strip and re-fix, see if that clears things up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be too late to refix?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Would it be too late to refix?

No. Here is an extreme example:

The Dangers of Exhausted Fixer by Nesster, on Flickr

after fixing by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, extreme thanks!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I assumed that after the negatives look like this, they would be ruined.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have understood where the bands come from.
It happens to me too sometimes, when I leave the scanner turned on for a long time: it starts creating bands while scanning.
I can make it go away easily, by turning the scanner off, then on again. This procedure forces the scanner to recalibrate itself,
and this gets rid of the bands.
So possibly your scanner may have this issue also, and create bands while scanning when left turned on for a too long time.
Try to experiment and see if it disappears by turning the scanner off then on again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I think I have understood where the bands come from.
It happens to me too sometimes, when I leave the scanner turned on for a long time: it starts creating bands while scanning.
I can make it go away easily, by turning the scanner off, then on again. This procedure forces the scanner to recalibrate itself,
and this gets rid of the bands.
So possibly your scanner may have this issue also, and create bands while scanning when left turned on for a too long time.
Try to experiment and see if it disappears by turning the scanner off then on again.

Will do thank you!