Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

lightroom vs capture one pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: lightroom vs capture one pro Reply with quote

capture one just came out with a $300 version 7. i use lightroom 4. there seems to be a zealous debate out there as to whether capture one is significantly better than lightroom.

has anyone here used both and can comment from knowledge on their personal experience? i think this is a topic of interest to many of us!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both (bought Capture One when Lightroom did not exist yet, and updated it since).
I have to say that with version 4, Lightroom is significantly better than Capture One. No contest at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks orio. are your comments relating to the relative IQ that you can get out of each program, or are you talking about the general aspects like interface, organization, speed etc? i am myself mostly concerned with which will produce the better images, even if its a little harder to work with...
tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thanks orio. are your comments relating to the relative IQ that you can get out of each program, or are you talking about the general aspects like interface, organization, speed etc? i am myself mostly concerned with which will produce the better images, even if its a little harder to work with...
tony

I think Lightroom 4 is superior under very important respects. For instance, it features advanced Chromatic Aberration removal tools that really work. And this alone is worth the price of the program.
I find Lightroom also friendlier for a number of other operations, such as highlight and shadows control, selective colours control, B&W conversion.
Lightroom supports a number of excellent plugins, and it offers a library management that makes the life really easier for people with many years of abundant digital photographs.
The only aspect of Capture One that I think is still superior is the removal of Moiré. But Lightroom has started to implement it in version 4 within the Adjustment Brush panel,
and I'm sure they will further improve it with the next version. Honestly I can not find a real, important reason today to recommend Capture One over Lightroom.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acdsee pro 6 100 USD I found it better, simpler than above software.

Try it out

http://www.acdsee.com/en/free-trials

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks. i use LR4 and am pretty happy. but this new version of Capture One just came out and some really seem to think you get better results...