Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Full frame for my FDs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Full frame for my FDs Reply with quote

My little collection of FD lenses : 17/3.5 ,28/2 , 50/1.4 , 50/3.5macro , 85/1.8 , 70-210/4macro deserves a full frame camera and not an APS-C one ( I think )
What do you suggest , among the Canon FD bodies , from your experience ? It has to be good , but not costly . I'm in between AE-1,AE-1 Program and the A-1 Budget : max 40 E

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon T70 goes for peanuts, it's ugly but it's my most used camera and have two...I like the A1 as well but beware of cameras in the A series with mirror damping squeak.
I also have AV1 nice but limited and T90 (wow).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Canon T70 goes for peanuts, it's ugly but it's my most used camera and have two...I like the A1 as well but beware of cameras in the A series with mirror damping squeak.

My god , that's REALLY UGLY !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

Laughing Yeah but look at the specs, and remember with film it's the lens and human brain that's most important not so much the body (within reason)......unlike digital.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/SLRs/t70/index.htm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A1 without a doubt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon T70 with cheap matching 277T flashgun can give very good results:-

I didn't machine gun for this shot and just relied on the camera to get it right in one and anyway I'm pleased with the shot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
yinyangbt wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

Laughing Yeah but look at the specs, and remember with film it's the lens and human brain that's most important not so much the body (within reason)......unlike digital.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/SLRs/t70/index.htm

...and seems to be a clever choice for shooting and not collecting . I remember that in it's time ,i was seduced by this design Laughing
all in all thank you , Excalibur , you helped me a lot !
I've just pushed the button . 35 E Not bad !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
The Canon T70 with cheap matching 277T flashgun can give very good results:-

I didn't machine gun for this shot and just relied on the camera to get it right in one and anyway I'm pleased with the shot

WOW !!! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.. all shots using Canon FDn 28mm f2.8 lens and either Fuji superia 200 or Reala (if it's important I'll check)

The T70 got this exposure right as well:-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got T-70 with a lens that I wanted (FD 24mm/f2) and I have to say that I am mighty impressed by the functionality. Yeah, butt ugly, but who cares. So very good choice for a shooter, IMHO.

Btw if anyone needs T70, drop me a line, I don't need it so it will be cheap. I am off to vacation though, so might not respond for a week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, there.
If cheap is the crucial parameter I think you can't go wrong with T-70, on the paper at least since I don't own one, what I can tell is it doesn't look as sturdy as the other models in this lineup. You mentioned three models, and here the choice is up to your way of making photography, in other words do you need automatic exposure and if yes which kind suits you better.
The AE-1 is the simpler of the three, just full manual and speed priority with match and needle indicator in the vf.
The AE-Program adds up the full auto mode, electronic indicator in the vf. Think about it as a simplified A-1-
The A-1 is the state of the art in A-series, got aperture priority on top of the AE-Program features.
These are in a nutshell the differences.
I own the A-1 I can vouch it is sturdy and reliable, the only quirk I can think of is the need of resetting the shutter after having used the dof preview.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very good but i have all those canon listed, i find the t70 very easy to use and it makes a pleasing terminator like sound Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More recent discussion also:-

http://photo.net/canon-fd-camera-forum/00aqlr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about my FTb QL for €20,- (plus shipping)?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all , for your replies .Allready bought a T70 .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
What about my FTb QL for €20,- (plus shipping)?

http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-ftb-ql-and-soligor-28-105-t48168,highlight,%2Bftb+%2Bql.html

"on and on through the night the beatings continued"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold an A1 and bought an AE1P - it was simpler, a bit like me. Wink

I liked the A1, and it's legendary. But I just prefer the simplicity of the AE1P.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Canon T90 so much that I have 2. I cannot recomend them enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

..and with matching 300tl flashgun I haven't used half of what my camera/flashgun is capable of Rolling Eyes....... I've just started playing with spot metering with M42 lenses Cool ...... why buy an expensive separate exposure meter when it can't take pictures Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

I always lusted after the T90. Perhaps it's time to get one. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

I always lusted after the T90. Perhaps it's time to get one. Rolling Eyes

Some have got bargains with the common EEEEE problem in that they have got them working again (even banging them hard on a floor with carpet Rolling Eyes ), but if you are not a gambler it's best to get one off a trusted seller.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , yesterday and today I received the flash and the Canon T 70 , wich came from two different sellers in near mint condition. Works like a breeze !!! And it's not that ugly , if you want to know, people !!! Cool It's smaller than I imagined , light ,well made , fits like marvel with the FDn 50/1.4 .
My myopia forces me to shoot with glasses , or maybe I'll search for a diopter ajustable to mount on it .After all , I have now enough Canon bodies to justify that : T70 ,EOS 300, EOS 50e, EOS 400D and EOS 350D . Do you think they fit from FD to EOS viewfinder ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Well , yesterday and today I received the flash and the Canon T 70 , wich came from two different sellers in near mint condition. Works like a breeze !!! And it's not that ugly , if you want to know, people !!! Cool It's smaller than I imagined , light ,well made , fits like marvel with the FDn 50/1.4 .
My myopia forces me to shoot with glasses , or maybe I'll search for a diopter ajustable to mount on it .After all , I have now enough Canon bodies to justify that : T70 ,EOS 300, EOS 50e, EOS 400D and EOS 350D . Do you think they fit from FD to EOS viewfinder ?

congrats........and next get the M42 adapter to take all those lovely screw lenses, it's no problem metering when they are stopped down.
Also make sure the film is past the red dot when loading to make sure it's being wound on, erm not much else to say other than you will like the safety shift for those cock-ups we all do at times.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ! Thanks !
Good idea, Ex ! Didn't thaught about ,I already have an M42 /MD so I use Flek20 and Helios on X700 .Would be fun to use also on T70 ,with different film , I'll check for some adapters . Have you heard about QBM rollei to Fd adapter ? I have a Color Ultron 50/1.8 that I didn't used until now

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Wow ! Thanks !
Good idea, Ex ! Didn't thaught about ,I already have an M42 /MD so I use Flek20 and Helios on X700 .Would be fun to use also on T70 ,with different film , I'll check for some adapters . Have you heard about QBM rollei to Fd adapter ? I have a Color Ultron 50/1.8 that I didn't used until now

All I have is m42 and Tamron adapters, but did buy a 39mm to 42mm thingy as when I get around to it, will play with my enlarging lenses. Have fun with your FD lenses and look forward to some shots Cool

Canon T70, Kiron 80-200 f4, Reala