Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Peugeot 404
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Peugeot 404 Reply with quote

This is my project that took almost one year and it's still not quite finish. I did everything myself, never restored earlier a car. It was fun and took about 400 hours work.
Peugeot 404 1965. Photo taken with Samyang 14mm 2.8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats....erm any reason why you would choose a 404 to spend 400 hours on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Building an old car beats watching television for example Smile
Then again 404 is very beautiful car by Pininfarina. American V8:s are not my thing... They are big and noisy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, congrats, what a beautiful car. having restored it must be very satisfying!
If remember it right this very same blue was the most typical color for this car, right?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
very same blue was the most typical color for this car, right?

Not really. Original blue is darker. This is actually 60's Renault blue. I chose it because I think it looks a bit fresher but sametime it's from the same era.

And yes it's very satisfying indeed now especially when I can drive with it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job!
I never be able to do the same task!
I see you update your avatar as well Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, like the use of the w i d e angle in this, love the color of the car and red
interior. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic achievement, nice photo too.

Well done you. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done! So nice to enjoy to restore an old item by ourselves, indeed. I did try on two cameras , both ended in trash can Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be able to do that, especially with a old motorbike, but I have two left hands so only in my dream Laughing ...
Anyway, you did a good job, that's for sure a beautiful car. Did you restored it as the original (except the color)?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your comments!

Yes, everything is pretty much original but naturally it's impossible to get every part from 60's so I had to replace few tings from moderns parts but all of these things are "hidden". Ebay was my friend with this project, so I could order parts from England, Germany, France, Argentina, USA, Israel... 80% of parts however I got from Finland. I also repaired a lot parts instead of getting allways new one.

I thing that what one man can do another can also. This was a great learning experience!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikkokan wrote:

I thing that what one man can do another can also. This was a great learning experience!

I would love to believe that Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Congrats....erm any reason why you would choose a 404 to spend 400 hours on.

Also, what careless imprecision, he should have spent 404 hours on it! Laughing

Very nice result from what I can see!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo, and naturely nice car!

For driving everyday an old soviet car, I can understand your pleasure to drive such car Very Happy