Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Politics problems in Madrid...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Politics problems in Madrid... Reply with quote

Next day in the morning, 27th september. There aren't protesters but Police dominates the streets...

Few people, many hurdles and a great tension.

1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

7/

8/

9/

PS: Yashica FX-3 with Contax Planar T* 1,7/50 and Delta 400@160 expired. Develop with D-76 (stock) in 8'45".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set of reportage shots and I am especially taken by the fenced in lions.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Nice set of reportage shots and I am especially taken by the fenced in lions.

Thanks skida.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea to show the fences as main subject!
But I think that the reportage has too many photos and some of them are contradictory. Example:
#4 is effective because it shows people behind the fence (although a bit more DOF could have been useful),
#2 shows the police in the same situation and this creates a contradiction in the reportage.
Another example:
#8 and #9 are effective because they show the fences "at work", while the open fences in #7 and the set aside
fences in #6 give the opposite message.

In general, I would have avoided the "bokeh effects" which are only aesthetical and do weaken the impact of the
political message.

I think that the most effective photo is #8 because the psychological effect of the fences is enhanced by the
presence of the stairs, which communicate a different level that is higher and unreachable for common people;
but for better effectiveness, I would have waited for the appearance of a person on the sidewalk. It would have
reinfoced the feeling of persons being left out and not allowed to the places of the power. The human
element is always important, and even more so in this type of photograph which is about human rights.

I offer the above comments in constructive spirit Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Orio. Your comments help me to improve.

Regarding remote fences in picture 1 and 6, wanted to show that had many fences around from the night before, when it were the turbulences. This report was performed the next morning.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them too , excellent series!