Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 25mm viewfinder (non brightline)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 25mm viewfinder (non brightline) Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm currently using the non brightline 25mm voigtlander viewfinder and was wondering if someone can supply me with an image showing the area of coverage the bightlines give.

While I always shoot loose, giving too much latitude to an already wide field of view may be unnecessary.

Thanks very much
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Martin !

Seems you have the very early 25mm v/f - what you see is supposed to be what you get on film. I can't actually provide you with the image you want, but I can tell you that with my own brightline 25mm v/f the bright lines are well inside the entire boundary of the finder and they actually show much nearer the coverage of a 28mm lens.

Maybe the makers just used the original optics and inserted the reflecting mask . . . but I don't know. Are you shooting on film or a digital Leica? I use a 21mm on my M8, which gives field of view equivalent to 28mm lens on full frame, and the 25mm v/f is just about dead right in that case!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stephen

I'm currently using a Bessa T with the 25mm Snapshot Skopar.

I found an image online (see below link) which shows were the frame lines are on the viewfinder, however I just wanted to know roughly were these line appear when actually viewed through the finder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25299235@N02/3825459728/

If yours shows coverage more akin to a 28mm then that gives me a little more latitude.

Eventually I may have to do some actual calibrated test shots to see what the actual coverage of the lens and viewfinder is compare to viewing through the viewfinder alone.

Thanks again
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you allow me some hours, I will let you know. I have the snapshot Skopar and the newer viewfinder, but they're not
here where I write, and I have little time left right now before I have to leave home.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio, that would be great

all the best
Martin