Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XR Rikenon 2.2/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: XR Rikenon 2.2/55 Reply with quote

I have had this lens just sitting around and never got around to using it.Inspired by Pancolart's thread HERE (note his lens and mine are two different lenses it is the "XR Rikenon" that is the same). I thought I would take my XR lens out and see what images I could take with it.There is no Ricoh Pin on this lens so it works well with my Pentax camera...it is a K mount lens.
I have worked on these images in windows live gallery.These are not test samples just random images using this lens.
#1 I focused on the right corner of the sink

#4 trying it at its closest focus...I think my focal point was trying to be on the grass.

#5 focus is at infinity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, looks not bad but not as sharp as the Pentax M 2/50 and 1.7/50, not so easy to judge on web sizes though. #4 is nice, I like the warm tones.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first impression, it is not very sharp at all...it's ok ...But not as sharp as I would like it.The focusing is smooth but I find it hard to "see" when it is in focus even with the focus confirmation dot in the camera.I do however like the color it produces in the images.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame Mo, nice colours but lack of sharpness is not something you can do much about in PP.

Perhaps it needs to be stopped down to f4 before it becomes sharp.

I don't know what design this lens is, but I strongly suspect it's a four element type like the X-Fujinon 2.2/55. I had two copies of that Fujinon and neither was in the same class for sharpness as six element types like the typical 1.7 and 1.8 'normal' lenses. Makes sense, the 2.2s were the budget option.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least I have some other lenses in that range that are more than adequate. Very Happy I may take it out for another "test" run and pay more attention on the focusing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might make a nice portrait lens. Smile